Dining, Bars, Hotels and Attractions for all of our incoming guests.
DISCLAIMER: This list is partial and biased, this is not meant to represent every single establishment in Fort Worth that you might want to consider while visiting. Listen, you have the internet, use it! These are quite simply some of my favorite, mostly mom-n-pop stops around TCU that might provide you with some ideas while in town. If you don't see your establishment on this list, deal with it (or, post it in the comments).
Dutch's ($, Burgers/Hot Dogs/Beer)
3009 South University Drive Fort Worth, TX 76109
- This is your typical mom/pop, local campus burger joint that has tons of hometown appeal. This little slice of heaven, named for famed TCU coach Dutch Meyer, has some pretty amazing hamburgers and lots of cool beer within a short walk from Amon G. Carter Stadium. Parking is located behind the restaurant and is TIGHT to say the least, better to just walk if you can.
Fuzzy's Tacos($, Taco/Tex-Mex/Beer, Margaritas)
2917 West Berry Street, Fort Worth, Texas
- This little taco shop is not so little any more, having franchised within the last few years and expanded out across the state. But, this original location is still delicious and the fish tacos are a must. Having a scooner of Dos Equis to wash it down isn't a bad idea either, or a cold margarita if you have a vagina. Other than the tacos, give the chips and queso a try, they are to die for. The location is also within walking distance of all TCU athletic facilities and parking is awful, prepare to be patient.
Perrotti's Pizza($$, Pizza/Beer)
3021 Greene Avenue Fort Worth, TX 76109
- This local pizza joint is my personal favorite (Mama's Pizza is just down the road too, but I hate it and I don't want you to get stabbed, so don't go there) and is a must stop if you are in the mood for a pie. Just a heads up, the prices are generally higher for a pizza spot, it isn't cheap at all. This spot is located at the bottom of a TCU apartment building and is just a couple hundred feet behind Dutch's. Parking is.... Eh, you get the point.
Buffalo Bros($, Beer, Spirits/Pizza/Subs/Bar Food)
3015 South University Drive Fort Worth, TX 76109
- This is a local TCU hangout and bar, with tons of TVs and a great bar atmosphere. It is right next to Dutch's and easy to find, stop by to continue the fun before and after every event. Parking=Bad.
The Aardvark($$, Beer/Spirits)
2905 West Berry Street Fort Worth, TX 76109
- Same thing here folks, it is a bar. One quick note, they tend to have music guests on all nights here and thus charge covers, just keep it in mind when visiting. This is just down from Fuzzy's, parking can be found on the street behind the restaurant. Did I say found? LOL, NOT!
The Pub($$, Beer/Spirits)
3019 S University Dr Fort Worth, TX 76109
- Listen, this place is an absolute dive. I mean, a total and absolute shit hole. It smells, the drinks aren't super cheep and it is exceedingly dark. But, it is OUR shit hole, and I love it. If you want to really meet some mega TCU fans and kick it with locals, wander in here and order a beer. But, consider yourself warned.
Courtyard($$, Free Wifi, No Pool)
3150 Riverfront Dr, Fort Worth, TX, 76107
- Your standard, recently renovated, Courtyard Marriott property. Because its location is incredibly central (> 5 mins from TCU) with a bunch of shopping and dining around it, you see a higher price. Not a bad stop if you want to be close and have Marriott points.
Fairfield Inn($, Free Wifi, Indoor Pool)
1505 S University Dr, Fort Worth, TX, 76107
- Just down the road from the Courtyard, but featuring an older building, shittier location, small pool and lower prices. As soon as the Courtyard fills up, this place's prices shoot through the roof, so if you are budget shopping for a hotel that is very close to TCU, this is an option.
Omni Fort Worth($$$$, Bob's Chophouse, Whisky Bar)
1300 Houston Street, Tarrant, Fort Worth, TX, 76103
- This is a very new development on the south end of downtown Fort Worth, a four star Omni property. It is about a 20 minute drive to TCU but is nice if you enjoy the ammenities. Bob's Chophouse is a great steak place (but not as good as Del Frisco's) and the whisky bar they have is also a nice place to close out the night. Prepare to pay a bunch, but you DO get a lot for it.
The Worthington (Renaissance/Marriott)($$$, Located in Sundance Square)
200 Main St, Fort Worth, TX, 76102
- This is my personal favorite hotel in downtown Fort Worth, a very solid Marriott property. You can probably call this place four star, but you may disagree at the end of the day. Four star prices, three star (and sometimes four star) accommodations but the best location you can dream of. You won't be disapointed, as long as you go in with the right attitude.
Fort Worth Zoo- http://www.fortworthzoo.org/
Fort Worth Botanical Gardens- http://fwbg.org/
The Fort Worth Stockyards- http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/
Billy Bob's Texas- http://billybobstexas.com/
West 7th Street Development- http://www.west-7th.com/