USA TODAY Sports
This one could be close, could be a beatdown. Who knows.
Time/TV: 12:45 p.m./ESPN 3
TCU takes on Iowa State today, and it looks to be another loss. Boo hoo, we have baseball to keep us warm.
Here's some fun facts from GoFrogs.com:
TCU ranks No. 1 in the Big 12 and No. 31 in the NCAA in scoring defense (59.2 ppg). The squad is No. 16 nationally in fewest 3-pointers allowed (110).
* TCU’s scoring defense average is nearly 13 points fewer per game than last season’s final figure (72.1 ppg) and would be the Frogs’ lowest since 1952-53 (56.0 ppg).
* TCU is 10-1 in when outshooting the opponent and 0-13 when shooting at a lower rate. The squad is 7-1 when posting a mark of at least 45.0% overall and 7-1 when leading at the half.
* TCU has attempted only 254 shots from 3-point range this year, which ranks 344th out of 347 NCAA Division I teams.
* Connell Crossland tops TCU in rebounding during Big 12 play (7.2 rpg). He ranks No. 6 in the Big 12 in total boards during conference action and No. 4 in offensive rebounding (2.8 rpg).
* Crossland is averaging just under a double-double over the last six games (10.3 ppg, 9.2 rpg) while shooting a team-best 59.0% from the floor. His 62 points (No. 2 on the team) and 55 rebounds (team-best) are career-best totals for a six-game stretch.
* Crossland has scored in double figures four times in the last six games. He had done so previously only twice in 50 career contests.
* Kyan Anderson ranks among the Big 12 leaders in steals (No. 6), minutes played (No. 6), assists (No. 9), assist/turnover ratio (No. 9) and scoring (No. 17).
* Adrick McKinney is 11th in the Big 12 in rebounding average (6.6 rpg) and 12th since the start of league play (6.4 rpg). He is tied for fifth in offensive boards in Big 12 games (2.7 rpg).
* McKinney has scored in double figures in eight of the last 16 games. He had done so only seven times in 40 career games entering the current stretch.
* McKinney has led TCU in rebounding in 11 of the last 18 games. He had paced the squad only five times previously in 37 career contests.
* Garlon Green has played in 102 straight games for TCU. He has climbed into the No. 5 spot on TCU’s career charts for games played (121) and No. 7 for minutes (3,026).
* Green will move into a tie for No. 4 on TCU’s games played list with Brent Hackett (2005-08) with his next appearance. He is only four games shy of matching the program record of 125 set by Femi Ibikunle (2004-07).
* Green has scored 20 points or more five times this season and ranks fifth in the Big 12 with eight career performances.
* Devonta Abron’s current field-goal percentage of 55.9% would rank as the ninth-best season in program history.
* Nate Butler Lind has matched his career scoring high of 10 points twice in the last five games.
* Anderson’s 35-point game Dec. 22 at Rice ranks as the top individual scoring performance by a Big 12 player this season.
* McKinney’s 20-rebound effort Dec. 4 vs. Houston is tied for the top Big 12 effort on the glass (Isaiah Austin, Baylor).
* Charles Hill Jr. has scored 49 of his 54 points this season in Big 12 action. He is averaging 23.8 minutes in conference games after playing only 29 minutes total in non-conference.
* TCU has featured nine different starting lineups this season.
* TCU has allowed 50 points or fewer five times. Its five previous efforts allowing 50 or fewer stretched back over 127 games to 2008.
* TCU has attempted 224 free throws in Big 12 play compared to only 171 for its opponents, an average margin of +4.8 pg. It has taken more attempts than the opponent in seven of 11 conference games, including each of the last three.