|Date (Time)|| Tuesday: April 1 (5 p.m. CT)
Wednesday: April 2 (6:30 p.m. CT)
|Location|| Lupton Stadium | Fort Worth, Texas
| Starting Pitchers
|| Tuesday: TBA vs. RH Colby McCasland
Wednesday: TBA vs. RH Kyle Tokunaga
|Radio Listing||KTCU 88.7 FM|
|Watch Live||Tuesday | Wednesday|
|Gametracker||Tuesday | Wednesday|
|Game Notes||Game Notes|
|Twitter Updates||Baseball Twitter|
The TCU baseball team returns home Tuesday to start a nine-game homestand when it hosts UT Pan American in a two-game midweek series. First pitch Tuesday has been changed from 6:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• TCU earned its first Big 12 series victory at Texas Tech this past weekend.
• The Frogs lost a heartbreaker in the series finale as the Red Raiders rallied from a four-run deficit to win 8-7.
• Paul Hendrix hit his first career home run in Sunday's game. It was TCU's first home run since March 3.
• Cody Jones ran his streak of reaching base safely to 10 games.
• Boomer Whiter and Paul Hendrix have each hit safely in six straight games.
• The TCU pitching staff ranks fourth in the league with a 3.14 ERA.
• Preston Morrison still ranks second in the league with a 1.23 ERA.
• TCU's .974 fielding percentage is second best in the Big 12.
UT PAN AMERICAN NOTABLES
• The Broncs have won five of their last six games, including a series win over Jackson State this past weekend.
• UT Pan American has not played away from home since a series at Wichita State March 8-9.
• In 12 road games this season, the Broncs are just 3-9.
• Bryan Ramirez leads the offensive attack with a .373 average.
• Alex Howe is the leading run producer with 15 RBIs, while Alberto Morales has two of the Broncs' eight home runs.
• On the bases, Howe is a perfect 6-for-6 and the team as a whole is 24-for-28 in stolen bases.
• On the mound, the pitching staff owns a team ERA of 4.06.
• The group is limiting opponents to a .259 batting average against.
• Defensively, the Broncs have committed 34 errors that have led to 31 unearned runs.
• Tuesday's meeting will be the 56th in the series.
• TCU holds a 41-13-1 series record.
• The Horned Frogs are 17-0 against UTPA since Jim Schlossnagle took over in 2004.
• TCU has won 17 straight against the Broncs.
• The Frogs hosted UTPA in a midweek series in 2011. TCU took both meetings, winning 2-0 and 5-1 on April 5-6.
• TCU is 13-0 against UTPA at Lupton Stadium.
• The Broncs last victory in the series came on March 9, 2002 in the Express College Classic when they won 5-4.
• TCU opens a nine-game homestand this week.
• TCU has lost its last three home games and looks to improve its 5-8 home record.
• The Horned Frogs have an all-time record of 239-85 at home.
• TCU is 45-21 under head coach Jim Schlossnagle in home midweek contests.
• After 11 home games, TCU ranks 10th nationally in attendance, averaging almost 3,600 fans per game.
A GLIMMER OF LIFE
The offense showed some life this past weekend as they took a 2-1 series victory over Texas Tech.
The Horned Frogs scored 18 runs in the three games and hit .277 as a team. Five of the 26 hits went for extra bases as TCU posted a .362 slugging percentage. The Frogs also showed patience at the plate, picking up 16 walks.
TCU ranks second in the Big 12 with its .974 fielding perecentage. This past weekend, the Frogs committed just two errors and finished the month of March with a .975 fielding percentage.
The infield boasts an impressive .974 fielding percentage, while the catching corps has a .988 fielding percentage.
If you subtract the pitching corps fielding percentage of .924, the Horned Frogs are fielding at a .979 clip.
TCU has allowed just 15 base runners to reach on errors, but have 14 errors that have allowed runners to advance on the base paths.
A RARE OCCURRENCE
On Friday night, Keaton Jones committed a rare error. It was just the fifth of the season and just the 17th of his career.
An inside look at Jones' career at shortstop shows that he has committed an error in just 15 of the 89 career games he has played. Twice he has committed more than one error in a game.
For his career, Jones has a .957 fielding percentage.
TROUBLE HOLDING A LEAD
In each of the Frogs last five games they have held at least a three run lead. They have come away with just two wins in that five game stretch.
In each of those game, the Frogs held the lead after five innings and in four of the five, they had the lead after six.
Oklahoma rallied with four unanswered runs to erase a 3-0 deficit in the series finale Dallas Baptist rallied with five runs in the sixth and seventh innings to take a 5-4 win on Tuesday. Texas Tech was trailing 7-3 heading into the bottom of the sixth and score five unanswered runs to steal an 8-7 win on Sunday.
TCU is 9-4 when leading after six this season and 10-2 when leading after seven. The Frogs have not lost when leading after eight with a 10-0 record.