- Jake Arrieta was sent down to AAA after four pretty bad starts for the Orioles, but so far so good at this lower level. One start, six innings, no runs, eight strike outs. It will take a lot more than one start to get Jake back into good graces, but so far so good.
- Andrew Cashner has continues to start for the Padres, and is doing a damn good job at it. His latest start, six innings of one run ball, five Ks, a hit, run, and a stolen base! How about that effort? It looks like Ross is scheduled to hop back into the rotation for the Padres, so Cashner's role might change again soon, but he has once again shown he has what it takes to be a Major League starter, can he stay healthy?
- Carp is continuing to play on an almost everyday basis for the Cardinals, despite a minor strain towards the end of Saturday's contest. So far, so good for the former-Frog do-it-all.
- Taylor Featherston, who was slowed to start 2013 with minor injury, has joined his minor-league club, the high-a Modesto Nuts.
- Not much to say after that weekend. Preston Morrison was human on Friday, Frogs lose. Finny was pretty amazing on Saturday, Frogs couldn't score, Frogs lost. Frogs string some hits together in a few innings Sunday, get a lead, and a combination of Mitchell and the pen lock down the game.
With those two losses, this team almost certainly only has one path to the postseason, that being an improbable run through the Big 12 Tournament.
There is a lot to say about this season, lots to point to... Lots of arguments can be made towards what went wrong, how it went wrong, and why. Those are conversations for another day, but for this series in particular, there is only one thing to say...
The offense was bad. The defense was ok, but had series lapses that dost them runs. The pitching was good overall, great at times, exactly what we have come to think of them. They are second best in the Big 12 now in ERA. Pretty darn good.
And, because of our win today, a new streak has begun. While this streak may not lead this team anywhere even if it does play out, it is something to look forward to. Twelve wins to end this season would be season changing, for 2014, and I for one see no reason to believe it will happen. There are certainly a thousand reasons why it won't happen, but let's ignore that.
12 wins straight... 1 down, 11 to go. Do work.
TCU BASEBALL RECRUITING CLASSES
Here are the commits I have for TCU Baseball, classes of 2013 and 2014.
Noah McGowan, OF
Justin Twine, IF/RHP
Austen Wade, OF
Drew Gooch, LHP
Tyler Kolek, RHP
Connor Beck, OF
Connor Castellano, IF
Garrett Crain, IF
Will Foreman, OF/C
Will Fox, OF
Eric Garza, MIF
Billy McKinney, OF/1B
Walker Pennington, IF/OF
TJ Scott, OF
Ty Slanina, OF
Tyler Alexander, LHP
Ryan Burnett, LHP
Brandon Gilson, LHP
Brian Howard, RHP
Jordan Kipper, RHP
Alex Mata, RHP
Robby Medel, RHP
(Name, Team, Separated by current professional level)
Low A Short Season