|Date (Time)|| Wednesday: April 10 (6:30 p.m. CT)
|Location|| Lupton Stadium | Fort Worth, Texas
| Starting Pitchers
|| Wednesday: Stefan Crichton vs. Cameron Gann
|Radio Listing||KTCU 88.7 FM|
|Game Notes||Game Notes|
|Twitter Updates||Baseball Twitter|
The TCU Horned Frogs continue their nine-game homestand Wednesday night when they host Stephen F. Austin. First pitch is set for 6:30.
• TCU lost a heartbreaker on Sunday in its bid to win its second straight series. The Dons scored twice in the ninth to steal a 4-3 win.
• On Saturday, the Frogs were shut out for the fourth time this season.
• Preston Morrison tossed the Frogs' first nine-inning complete game on Friday to earn his fifth win.
• Morrison's 1.19 ERA is tied for the team lead among league starters.
• The Frogs' 2.97 staff ERA is third in the league.
• The TCU pitching staff has held opponents to five runs or less in 25 games this season.
• Cody Jones tallied his third three-hit game of the season on Sunday.
• Kevin Cron and Keaton Jones have reached base safely in five straight games.
• TCU has played errorless baseball in four of its last five games. It has played 11 errorless games this season.
• TCU leads the conference with a .976 fielding percentage.
STEPHEN F. AUSTIN NOTABLES
• The Lumberjacks swept Oral Roberts this past weekend to improve to 13-16 overall.
• SFA scored three times in their final at-bat to secure the sweep with a 5-3 win over the Golden Eagles on Sunday.
• SFA won a pair of one-run games against Oral Roberts over the weekend.
• Hunter Dozier is SFA's triple crown leader. He is hitting .413 with nine home runs and 28 RBIs. Additionally, he has a team-high 10 stolen bases.
• As a team, the Lumberjacks are hitting .279 with 22 home runs. They are averaging 5.5 runs per game.
• On the mound the staff has a 4.59 ERA with three shutouts.
• Brett Higginbotham is the go-to guy in the bullpen with a 3-2 record and two saves in 14 appearances.
• Defensively, the Lumberjacks have committed 42 errors for a .964 fielding percentage.
• Wednesday's meeting will be the 13th of the series.
• The Horned Frogs hold a 9-3 series lead.
• TCU is 2-1 against the Lumberjacks under coach Schlossnagle.
• Prior to a 4-3 loss in 2011, the Frogs had won seven straight dating back to the 1990 season.
• The Lumberjacks' head coach Johnny Cardenas is a former Frog (1992-93).
• TCU opened a nine-game homestand last week.
• Halfway through the homestand, the Frogs are 3-2 with four games to go.
• The Frogs snapped a three-game home losing streak with a 9-5 win over UTPA last Tuesday night.
• The Horned Frogs have an all-time record of 241-87 at home.
• After 18 home games, TCU ranks 11th nationally in attendance, averaging almost 3,600 fans per game.
INSIDE THE MIDWEEK GAMES
TCU enters Wednesday night's game with a 6-2 record in midweek games. Six of the eight games have been played at Lupton Stadium. TCU is 4-2 in those contests.
Offensively, the Horned Frogs have been the most productive in the midweek contests, hitting .266 as a team and averaging 7.5 runs per game. Boomer White has enjoyed the most success with a .391 average in seven games played.
Defensively, TCU has been sound with a .971 fielding percentage. Three of the nine total errors have come from the pitchers.
On the mound, the pitching staff has posted a 3.12 ERA. Stefan Crichton leads the way with a pair of wins in five appearances. The group of nine pitchers has fanned 65, walked just 17 and has held opponents to a .222 batting average.
IT'S A SACRIFICE
The Horned Frogs have struggled to score runs this season, averaging just 4.5 runs per game.
As a result, the Horned Frogs have relied heavily on moving runners around via the sacrifice. TCU has laid down 29 sacrifice bunts and hit 16 sacrifice flies.