|1||Casey Pachall||RS SR|
|2||Trevone Boykin||RS SO
No changes here... Reportedly, Casey has been getting more snaps with the 1s in practice as of late... If you ever thoughts Boykin was actually going to be the #1, I won't try and sell you real estate, but I will say this: I expect Boykin to get 5-10 plays a game, and make a difference in 2013. But, at the end of the day, this is Casey's team all the way.
|1||Waymon James, OR||SR|
- Waymon is healthy, and has held off Catalon. But, BJ and Waymon will see a similar number of looks. Because these two have been so good, Green has fallen off the pace a bit, but will see carries as well. And remember folks, running backs are fickle things, and #4 on the depth chart Jordan Moore will see some time too, especially if we see a guy or two go down with injury (see: 2012).
|RK||NAME (YEAR)||NAME (YEAR)||NAME (YEAR)||NAME (YEAR)|
|1||Brandon Carter (JR)||LaDarius Brown (SO)||Cam White (JR)||Kolby Listenbee (SO)|
|2||David Porter (JR)||JaJuan Story (SO)||Josh Doctson (SO)||
Ty Slanina (FR)
- The "depth" here doesn't mean much. Carter has a hand injury, and although he was expected to return to practice this week he will obviously not be 100% this season. Brown is excellent, White has tons of talent, Listenbee is crazy fast, Porter is a technician, Story is a freak athlete, Doctson catches everything, and Slanina is one of the fastest offensive players we have ever had. Ever.
|1||Stephen Bryant, OR||JR|
- No major change here... Bryant and Gilbert are very good, Murphy is also strong, and the freshmen TE have shown flashes this fall.
|RK||LT (YEAR)||LG (YEAR)||C (YEAR)||RG (YEAR)||RT (YEAR)|
Jamelle Naff (SO)
||Joey Hunt (SO)||Eric Tausch (SR)||Halapoulivaati Vaitai (SO)|
|2||Bobby Thompson (SO)||James Dunbar (SR)||Patrick Morris (FR)||Brady Foltz (SO)||
Matt Pryor (FR)
- WE HAVE CHANGES! First, Big V locked down the RT position, and Dunbar has moved into a "Super-Utility" role. Patrick Morris has continued to excel, but Hunt was equally as amazing and is the next great TCU center. Naff held on at LG and Tausch at RG. This group is deeper and better than at any point in 2012. Every name on this depth chart is excellent and has talent, something we haven't seen in quite awhile. I expect to see Dunbar get looks at OT and OG, and keep an eye on Pryor... This massive dude is coming on fast.
|RK||LE (YEAR)||DT (YEAR)||DT (YEAR)||RE (YEAR)|
|1||Jon Koontz (SR)||Chucky Hunter (JR)||Davion Pierson (SO)||Devonte Fields (SO)|
|2||James McFarland (SO)||Jon Lewis (JR)||David Johnson (JR)||Matt Anderson (JR)
- For the LSU game, I expect to see Anderson get the "start" but expect to see a ton of James McFarland. Koontz has been consistent this fall. Hunter, Pierson, Lewis have all been very good, David Johnson should see reps too, although he has nursed a minor injury this fall.
|RK||NAME (YEAR)||NAME (YEAR)|
|1||Marcus Mallett (RS JR)||Paul Dawson (JR)|
|2||Jonathan Anderson (JR)||
Sammy Douglas (FR)
- Gary Patterson has said consistently that this will be a LB by commit job, but Mallett and Dawson have lead the way this fall. Jonathan Anderson, Sammy Douglas, and Paul Whitmill will also see time, there will likely be NO redshirts in 2013.
|RK||NAME (YEAR)||NAME (YEAR)|
|1||Jason Verrett (SR)||Kevin White (JR)|
|2||Ranthony Texada (FR)||Keivon Gamble (SR)
- As I said before, this is the Verrett/White show. Who is going to be the first off the bench, I don't know. What I do know is this: Ranthony Texada and Cyd Calvin impressed everyone in fall camp with their athleticism and ability, they could come fast this fall.
|RK||SS-NAME (YEAR)||FS-NAME (YEAR||WS-NAME (YEAR)|
|1||Sam Carter (RS JR)||Elisha Olabode (SR)||Chris Hackett (RS SO)|
|2||Denzel Johnson (FR)||Geoff Hooker (JR)||Derrick Kindred (SO)
- Lot of people didn't appreciate my sarcasm last week... Kindred back in the two-deep, Hooker has impressed this fall. The safeties are rock solid, barring injury, just like the rest of the secondary.
|RK||K (YEAR)||P (YEAR)||KR (YEAR)||PR (YEAR)|
|1||Jaden Oberkrom (SO)||Ethan Perry (SO)||Deante Gray (SO)||Deante Gray (SO)|
|2||Ryan Denucci (JR)||Philip Armendarez||Ty Slanina (FR)||Aaron Green(SO)
- Brandon Carter is likely out at KR and PR due to his hand injury. Slanina has impressed with his speed this fall, but no real word on who we will see here. We shall wait until LSU!