This list is always changing and no, we do not guarantee this information is 100% up-to-date and accurate. But, it is pretty darn close and we do our best to keep things as accurate as possible. Also:
- The depth chart is based off of the published depth chart from TCU, AND reports gathered by media on the current "Depth" at each position.
- The depth chart of a collegiate football team changes on an almost daily basis... This is not meant to be 100% accurate all the time. Instead, its primary purpose is to lay out position depth over a multi-year time frame to allow for better visualization of team recruiting needs.
- We do not assume XX player is definitely a backup LT or RT, we only assume he is a backup OT (same goes for other positions where the rule might apply).
- We only include players who, according to media reports, are on scholarship currently with TCU. Current and future commits are gathered from any of the three major recruiting services.
(Italic indicates committed prospect, player has NOT yet signed an LOI)
|1||Casey Pachall||Trevone Boykin||Trevone Boykin||Tyler Matthews|
|2||Trevone Boykin||Tyler Matthews||Tyler Matthews||Zach Allen|
|3||Tyler Matthews||Zach Allen||Zach Allen||Foster Sawyer|
|4||Zach Allen||Foster Sawyer||Foster Sawyer||Grayson Muehlstein|
|5||Grayson Muehlstein||Grayson Muehlstein|
- TYLER MATTHEWS BLAH BLAH BLAH! Listen folks, right now we have a HC saying Boykin is good enough to start today and that Matthews is where Boykin was one year ago... To me, Matthews isn't there yet and we certainly can't project him above Boykin at this point.
- QB looks quite deep for the Horned Frogs, with four 3/4 star level prospects suiting up for the Frogs in 2016-17. Foster Sawyer has garnered a ton of attention this year, but it is hard to see where he fits in, until maybe the 2017-18 season.
- TB to me is the most interesting position of depth for the Frogs... It is clear that at least one, if not two redshirts will be coming this season for Kyle Hicks and/or Trevorris Johnson... Having those two with another year of eligibility makes the future outlook much brighter.
- The question to me: Will Jordan Moore realize his potential? Or, is this another Andre Dean situation? If yes, we are overloaded. If you take him out of the situation, four backs becomes three for 2013, which is one injury away from being "thin." (Assuming, of course, you prefer to RS Johnson and Hicks)
|1||Brandon Carter||Brandon Carter||LaDarius Brown||Ty Slanina|
|2||LaDarius Brown||LaDarius Brown||JaJuan Story||Cameron Echols-Luper|
|3||Cam White||Cam White||Kolby Listenbee|
|4||David Porter||David Porter||Josh Doctson|
|5||JaJuan Story||JaJuan Story||Deante Gray|
|6||Kolby Listenbee||Kolby Listenbee||Ty Slanina||
|7||Josh Doctson||Josh Doctson||Cameron Echols-Luper|
|8||Deante Gray||Deante Gray|
|9||Ty Slanina||Ty Slanina|
|10||Matt Brown||Matt Brown|
|11||Cameron Echols-Luper||Cameron Echols-Luper|
- Why the empty space? Well, it looks like we may need to add a WR to the class, unless we are planning on RS Luper and Slanina this year (reports out of camp say this probable won't happen).
- Tons of depth this year, but that depth graduated quickly and in mass over the next few years... If we don't take anybody this class, we certainly will in the 2015 class.
|1||Stephan Bryant||Stephan Bryant||Griffin Gilbert||Charlie Reid|
|2||Griffin Gilbert||Griffin Gilbert||Charlie Reid||Bryson Burtnett|
|3||Cliff Murphy||Cliff Murphy||Bryson Burtnett||Buck Jones|
|4||Charlie Reid||Charlie Reid||Buck Jones|
|5||Bryson Burtnett||Bryson Burtnett|
|6||Buck Jones||Buck Jones|
- I put Stephan Bryant up there because TCU says so, but I feel like Griffin Gilbert will be getting the majority of reps this year and going forward... Bryant has struggled some with injuries, seeing him rebound would be awesome.
|1||Aviante Collins (L)||Aviante Collins (L)||Aviante Collins (L)||Matt Pryor|
|2||Halapoulivaati Vaitai (R)||Halapoulivaati Vaitai (R)||Halapoulivaati Vaitai (R)||Joseph Noteboom (R)|
|3||James Dunbar||Matt Pryor||Matt Pryor||Eason Fromayan|
|4||Matt Pryor||Bobby Thompson||Bobby Thompson||Ty Barrett|
|5||Bobby Thompson||Joseph Noteboom||Joseph Noteboom||Austin Schlottmann|
|6||Joseph Noteboom||Eason Fromayan||Eason Fromayan||
|7||Eason Fromayan||Austin Schlottmann / Ty Barrett||Austin Schlottmann / Ty Barrett|
- Do I know who will be starting vs. LSU? No. This is my best guess at the tackle spot. I feel like they really want Vaitai to figure it out and let Dunbar spell him and Collins, but V may not get it done and it could be Dunbar at right tackle.
- Watch out for Matt Pryor, the guy is going to come fast at tackle.
|1||Jamelle Naff (L)||Jamelle Naff (L)||Jamelle Naff (L)||Chad Childs (??)|
|2||Eric Tausch (R)||Brady Foltz (R)||Brady Foltz (R)||???|
|3||Brady Foltz||Lloyd Tunstill||Frank Kee|
|4||John Wooldridge||Frank Kee||Chad Childs|
|5||Lloyd Tunstill||Chad Childs|
- Some guys have moved around since the spring... Hunt is moved to C, Naff has moved to left guard and Tausch is on the right... From a depth perspective it makes sense. Adding Frank Kee next year will be great from a depth perspective, but long term? Don't be shocked if TCU picks up 1-2 more lineman in the 2014 class before it is all said and done.
|1||Joey Hunt||Joey Hunt||Joey Hunt||Patrick Morris|
|2||Patrick Morris||Patrick Morris||Patrick Morris||Chad Childs|
|3||Chad Childs||Chad Childs||Chad Childs|
- Joey Hunt at center has been the move that was on the table forever, now it looks like it is happening. Patrick Morris has come on strong so far this year in camp, he could be a major factor for the Frogs in 2013.
|1||Devonte Fields (R)||Devonte Fields (R)||Devonte Fields (R)||Bryson Henderson (R)|
|2||Jon Koontz (L)||Matt Anderson (L)||James McFarland (L)||Jarrell Owens (L)|
|3||Matt Anderson||James McFarland||Josh Carraway||Breylin Mitchell|
|4||James McFarland||Josh Carraway||Mike Tuaua|
|5||Josh Carraway||Mike Tuaua||Bryson Henderson|
|6||Mike Tuaua||Bryson Henderson||Jarrell Owens|
|7||Bryson Henderson||Jarrell Owens||Breylin Mitchell|
- The Frogs have a strong amount of depth at the DE position, but you have to wonder how long we will have Fields on the corner...Either way, a guy like McFarland or Tuaua should be seasoned enough to spell Fields in 2013 and replace him when the time comes. As Frog fans have become accustomed too, DE is a position where TCU reloads, not rebuilds.
|1||Chucky Hunter||Chucky Hunter||Davion Pierson||Tevin Lawson|
|2||Jon Lewis||Jon Lewis||Terrell Lathan||Zaycoven Henderson|
|3||Davion Pierson||Davion Pierson||Tevin Lawson|
|4||David Johnson||David Johnson||Zaycoven Henderson|
|5||Terrell Lathan||Terrell Lathan|
|6||Tevin Lawson||Tevin Lawson|
- TCU tried to pick up a few DT in the 2012 class and ended up with late signee Tevin Lawson, who spurned the LSU Tigers for TCU. Good thing too, Lawsom is reportedly turning heads at camp.
- I could see TCU picking up one more DT in this class, or maybe the 2015 class. If Lathan steps up and Lawson can redshirt, that solves a few of your problems.
|1||Marcus Mallett||Marcus Mallett||Sammy Douglas||Sammy Douglas|
|2||Jonathan Anderson||Jonathan Anderson||Paul Whitmill||Paul Whitmill|
|3||Paul Dawson||Paul Dawson||Jimmie Swain||Jimmie Swain|
|4||Paul Whitmill||Paul Whitmill|
|5||Sammy Douglas||Sammy Douglas|
- TCU rebuilds at LB... And this experiment isn't going so well. Mallett and Anderson, or Dawson, could get the job done at LB but I really doubt this group will be winning any awards this season. More likely? Whitmill and Douglas are the future, but not yet.
- Keep an eye on Anderson: He has a freakish body with crazy athleticism... If he can figure out the scheme... Watchout.
|1||Jason Verrett||Kevin White||Travoskey Garrett||Ranthony Texada|
|2||Kevin White||Travoskey Garrett||Ranthony Texada||Steve Wesley|
|3||Keivon Gamble||Ranthony Texada||Steve Wesley||Cydney Calvin|
|4||Ranthony Texada||Steve Wesley||Cydney Calvin||Nick Foster|
|5||Travoskey Garrett||Cydney Calvin||Nick Foster||Nick Orr|
|6||Steve Wesley||Nick Foster||Nick Orr|
|7||Cydney Calvin||Nick Orr|
- TCU is defensive back U... At least, we may become that over the next two years... TCU has a chance to have back-to-back high NFL draft picks with Verrett and White (who is turning heads in camp, appears to be a totally new player), and with guys like Texada, Wesley and Calvin behind them, this group could be studly in the coming years.
|1||Sam Carter||Sam Carter||Chris Hackett||Zach Jackson|
|2||Elisha Olabode||Chris Hackett||Derrick Kindred||George Baltimore|
|3||Chris Hackett||Derrick Kindred||Zach Jackson||Denzel Johnson|
|4||Derrick Kindred||Zach Jackson||Kolby Griffin||Jermaine Antoine|
|5||Zach Jackson||Geoff Hooker||George Baltimore|
|6||Geoff Hooker||Kolby Griffin||Denzel Johnson|
|7||Kolby Griffin||George Baltimore||Jermaine Antoine|
|8||George Baltimore||Denzel Johnson|
|9||Denzel Johnson||Jermaine Antoine|
- This years safety group is amazing, and the best part is it appears that we may be able to carry that depth through for a few years instead of having to replace all three guys at one time. George Baltimore and Denzel Johnson have big futures ahead of them.
|1||Jaden Oberkrom||Jaden Oberkrom||Jaden Oberkrom||???|
|2||Ryan Denucci||Ryan Denucci|
|1||Ethan Perry||Ethan Perry||Ethan Perry||???|