- With National Signing day coming to a close we take a look at the incoming freshman and how they can help the Horned Frogs.
- Of course the best recruit of the day has to be Varshaun Nixon out of Lake Travis High School. He's the typical size for an all purpose running back he may see immediate playing time but don't expect BJ Catalon to just give up his carries.
- Quarterbacks, adding two 3 star quarterbacks is a nice addition to the team seeing as there is no possible way that Trevone Boykin is going to give coach Patterson a winning season. Look for them in the mix of a QB competition this fall, I know personally I prefer to see what upcoming Sophomore Zach Allen has in the tank.
- Junior College Transfers, getting two JUCO players from Tyler Junior College could help the Frogs in the secondary as well as the offensive line. Safety Kenny Iloka the number 2 junior college safety standing at 6'2 and over 200 pounds makes him a big player in the secondary, look for him to possibly replace Elisha Olabode. Guard Frank Kee who was the number 1 JUCO guard stands at 6'4 and weighs over 330 pounds, he is a mauler with good feet for someone so big look for him to help support the Horned Frogs run game very well when on the field.
- Other top prospects, TCU signed a few possibly underrated players that have potential to make a splash maybe not right away but possibly sometime in they're college career. Players such as Ty Barrett and Emmanuel Porter could help on the offensive side of the ball and maybe earlier than expected.
- Unsigned players, according to Rivals.com Nick Foster and Ryan Parker of Fossil Ridge have yet to sign on the dotted line. Hopefully they're not getting cold feet about signing with TCU. Foster adds depth to the secondary of that 5 DB set that looks to replace NFL bound corner Jason Verrett. Parker who had over 1200 receiving yards and 17 TDs his senior season could be a potential play maker for the Frogs. Guess we will just have to wait and see about these two.
|Vinny Ascolese||LB||Visalia, CACollege of the Sequoias||6'2"||235|
|Ty Barrett||OL||Dallas, TXSkyline||6'4"||309||3 stars||5.6||1/27/14||7 videos|
|Chris Bradley||DT||Shreveport, LAEvangel Christian||6'2"||250||2 stars||5.4||1/21/14|
|L.J. Collier||DE||Munday, TXMunday||6'2"||227||3 stars||5.5||1/19/14||1 video|
|Trey Elliott||OL||Dallas, TXJesuit||6'5"||260||4.8||2 stars||5.3||1/26/14|
|Ryan Griswold||OL||Pearland, TXPearland||6'5"||255||4.9||2 stars||5.4||1/19/14|
|Travin Howard||DB||Longview, TXLongview||6'1"||180||2 stars||5.4||1/22/14|
|Kenny Iloka||DB||Tyler, TXTyler J.C.||6'2"||209||3 stars||5.7||12/17/13||1 video|
|Ridwan Issahaku||DB||Gwinnett, GANorth Gwinnett||6'0"||180||2 stars||5.4|
|Frank Kee||OL||Tyler, TXTyler J.C.||6'4"||345||3 stars||5.6||6/26/13||1 video|
|Corey McBride||WR||Geismar, LADutchtown||6'2"||180||4.3||3 stars||5.5||2/2/14||1 video|
|Casey McDermott Vai||DE||Raytown, MORaytown South||6'4"||236||4.6||2 stars||5.4||12/7/13|
|Torrance Mosley||ATH||Geismar, LADutchtown||5'10"||160||4.4||3 stars||5.5||2/2/14||1 video|
|Grayson Muehlstein||QB||Decatur, TXDecatur||6'3"||199||3 stars||5.6||2/26/13||1 video|
|Varshaun Nixon||RB||Austin, TXLake Travis||5'10"||195||4.6||4 stars||5.8||2/4/14||8 videos|
|Corry O'Meally||DB||Iowa Falls, IAEllsworth C.C.||6'0"||170||2 stars||5.4||2/1/14|
|Nick Orr||DB||DeSoto, TXDeSoto||5'10"||170||4.4||3 stars||5.6||6/25/13|
|Emanuel Porter||WR||Dallas, TXLincoln||6'3"||189||3 stars||5.6||1/16/14||3 videos|
|Foster Sawyer||QB||Fort Worth, TXAll Saints Episcopal||6'5"||210||4.7||3 stars||5.7||4/11/13||2 videos|
|Austin Schlottmann||OL||Brenham, TXBrenham||6'5"||285||3 stars||5.5||6/13/13|
|Ty Summers||ATH||San Antonio, TXRonald Reagan||6'2"||205||2 stars||5.3|
|Desmon White||ATH||DeSoto, TXDeSoto||5'8"||160||4.5||2 stars||5.4||3 videos|
|Nick Foster||DB||Keller, TXFossil Ridge||5'11"||180||4.4||3 stars||5.6||2/3/13|
|Ryan Parker||WR||Keller, TXFossil Ridge||6'1"||150||2 stars||5.4|
- Overall the Horned Frogs only lost by an average of about 8 points this past season, a few less three and outs could of possibly changed the outcome of quite a few games, a name on that recruiting list that I personally like is Desmon White the undersized qb turned receiver from DeSoto hes flashy and if given the chance could end up as a good slot receiver. 4-8 shouldn't be the record the TCU fans are looking at next season look for them to make a splash this year in the Big 12 and turn it around