Alright, you guys, it's time to lay it all on the line again as we try to create the perfect bracket. Sign up here.
A few quick rules:
1. One (1) entry per contestant.
2. Picks must be made and submitted by tip-off of the first game of the second round.
3. Winner will get a $100 AMEX gift card.
4. As always, Frogs O' War writers (myself, Marshall, Hawk, and Fungo) are not eligible to win the prize. We make brackets simply for funsies.
Full rules and regulations are below.
Official Rules for the NCAA College Basketball Bracket Contest
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The e.g., NCAA College Basketball Brackets Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding territories and possessions) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who, at the time of entry, are at least eighteen (18) years of age and are registered members of www.frogsowar.com (the “Contest Site”). Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, and agents Sponsor, other companies associated with the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, and their respective spouses) and household members of any of the foregoing, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Vox Media, Inc., 1201 Connecticut Avenue NW, 11th Floor, Washington, DC 20036 (“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Contest, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Contest begins at 12:01 pm ET on March 17, 2014 and ends prior to the scheduled tip-off time of the first game in the second round of the tournament (currently scheduled for Month, Date, Year) after which all selections must be finalized and may not be revised (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: To enter the Contest, you must (i) be a registered member of the Contest Site, (ii) be a registered member of the YahooSports Tourney Pick'Em (the “Tournament Site”), (iii) be a registered member of the league entitled “Frogs O' War” (the “League”), and (iv) create and submit an entry for the League on the Tournament Site.
i. Becoming a Registered User of the Contest Site. Visit the Contest Site and if you are not already a registered user of the Contest Site, click “Sign Up” and register as a member of the Contest Site.
ii. Becoming a Registered User of the Tournament Site. Visit the Tournament Site to register for a Tournament Site account.
iii. Becoming a Member of the League. Locate the League in the TournamentSite’s Group Directory and click to join.
iv. Creating and Submitting an Entry. Once signed up to participate in the League on the Tournament Site, an entrant must submit his or her “selections” in accordance with the rules of the Tournament Site to predict the outcome of all games in the 2014 Men’s NCAA Basketball Tournament (an “Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/e-mail address. Entries will not be acknowledged. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
6. Selection of Winners: Entrants will earn points for correctly guessing the outcome of each game in the 2014 Men’s NCAA Basketball Tournament, as explained in the Official Rules on the Tournament Site. At the end of the 2014 NCAA Basketball Tournament, entrants will be ranked by the Sponsor, according to accumulated point scores. The Grand Prize winner will be the entrant that accumulates the greatest total number of points on the Tournament Site, from among all members of the League. In the event of a tie, the winner will be chosen based on the Tournament Site’s tie-breaking procedures. For additional information on scoring, visit the Tournament Site to review scoring guidelines. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received and the performance of each entrant.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify potential winners within three (3) business days of the date of selection. If a potential winner does not respond within three (3) business days after the notice is sent, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
8. Prize(s): Quantity of Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize: $100 AMEX gift card. ARV of Grand Prize: $100 USD. A winneris responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) according to the procedures set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Washington, DC. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Washington, DC, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Washington, DC or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Washington, DC.
13. Third Party Platforms: If this Contest is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation a social media platform (e.g. Facebook or Twitter) (“Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Contest, entrants hereby release and agree to hold harmless such Third Party Platform from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prizes or participation in any prize-related activities. Unless otherwise stated to the contrary in these Official Rules, this Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
14. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Vox Media, Inc., 1201 Connecticut Avenue NW, 11th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20036, Attn: Contest. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.