No. 24 TCU (12-7) @ No. 30 Oklahoma (15-5)
Date (Time) Tuesday: March 18 (6:30 p.m. CT)
Location L. Dale Mitchell Park | Norman, Okla.
TV Tuesday: FS-Oklahoma
Starting Pitchers Tuesday: Trey Teakell vs. Connor Buchmann
Radio Listing KTCU 88.7 FM
Radio Talent Chuck LaMendola (Play-By-Play)
Game Notes Game Notes
Twitter Updates Baseball Twitter
FORT WORTH The TCU baseball team will get an early glimpse at conference foe Oklahoma Tuesday night in a non-conference tilt in Norman, Okla. Game time against the Sooners is set for 6:30 p.m. at L. Dale Mitchell Park.
• TCU recorded its first series sweep of the season this past weekend against Dartmouth.
• The Horned Frog pitching staff limited the Big Green to just two runs in 27 innings pitched.
• Defensively, the Frogs did not commit an error all weekend.
• TCU leads the league in ERA at 2.11, strikeouts with 176 and the fewest walks allowed at 37.
• Jeremie Fagnan took the team lead, hitting his second home run of the season on Sunday.
• Boomer White and Kevin Cron have reached base safely in all 19 games this season.
• White is in the midst of a career-long 10-game hitting streak.
• Cody Jones matched his career-high in stolen bases with his 13th on Friday night.
• Brandon Finnegan struck out at least 10 batters for the fourth time this season.
• Finnegan continues to pace the conference in strikeouts with 55. He is tied with Cal Poly's Matt Imhof for the national lead.
• The Sooners need a pair of extra-inning contests to help them earn a series sweep over Belmont this past weekend.
• Three of Oklahoma's last four games have gone to extra innings. The Sooners have won all three.
• Oklahoma boasts an 11-2 home record and is 5-0 in midweek contest this season.
• Mac James' .472 batting average leads the Big 12 as does the Sooners' .304 team batting average.
• The Sooners have hit 13 home runs as a team, lead by Hunter Haley's four.
• On the mound, Oklahoma has used a group of 16 pitchers that has compiled a 3.02 ERA.
• Ralph Garza, Jr. is the go-to guy in the bullpen with 13 appearances in the first 20 games. He is 3-0 with four saves and a 1.02 ERA.
• Defensively, the Sooners rank eighth in the Big 12 with a .959 fielding percentage. 32 errors have led to 24 unearned runs.
• TCU and Oklahoma will be meeting for the 93rd time on Tuesday night.
• Oklahoma holds a 65-37 lead in the series.
• TCU was swept in a three-game conference series against the Sooners in 2013. Two of the three games went to extra innings.
• TCU swept the season series in 2004 and 2012.
• Since 2004, the Horned Frogs are just 6-17 against the Sooners.
• The Frogs are 3-11 in Norman under head coach Jim Schlossnagle.
INSIDE THE SWEEP
TCU recorded its first series sweep of the season this past weekend against Dartmouth. TCU excelled in all three areas of the game to get the job done on the field.
Offensively, the team hit .362 and scored 17 times. Eight of the Frogs' 34 hits on the weekend went for extra bases. Boomer White led all hitters with a .583 average.
On the mound, the pitching staff surrendered just two runs, walked three and struck out 28. All three starters recorded a win, while Riley Ferrell earned his second save of the year.
Defensively, the Frogs didn't commit an error in 107 chances. Additionally, the Big Green was 0-for-2 in stolen bases.
Boomer White is in the midst of an impressive streak that has seen him reach base in all 19 games this season. Additionally, he boasts a career-long 10-game hitting streak.
White paces the Frogs with a .395 batting average, a mark that ranks fourth in the Big 12. During his hitting streak, White is hitting .450 (18-for-40). He has six multi-hit games, including three straight, during the streak.
He has been held without a hit just twice this season and ranks second on the squad with a .453 on-base percentage.
Riley Ferrell has been one of the most consistent members of the bullpen since his arrival on campus in 2013.
Ferrell has made 31 appearances over the course of the past two seasons. He has allowed a run in just five of those outings and none in 2014.
The talented sophomore has not allowed a run in eight appearances this season and none in his last 19 apperances dating back to April 7, 2013. The scoreless innings pitched streak stands at 26 innings.
For his career, he his 1-2 with a 1.62 ERA. He has 54 strikeouts in 44 1/3 innings pitched.
After tying their season high with three errors in the loss to Rice last Tuesday, the defense responded with three straight errorless games. Twelve of the 21 errors have allowed a runner to reach base.
Five of TCU's 21 errors have come from the pitching staff. Taking away the miscues on the mound, the Horned Frogs have a .977 fielding percentage.
TCU ranks fifth in the Big 12 with a .972 fielding percentage.