READ IT AGAIN
Game Week #1: Grambling State
First Look Preview
Inside The Numbers: Pre-Grambling
Grambling State: Opponent Preview
Grambling State: Keys To The Game
Six Good Questions w/ Grambling State Blogger
FOW Weekend Picks: Week 2
Friday Smack Talk: Grambling Edition
Postgame Analysis Thread
Overreaction Sunday: Grambling State
Inside The Numbers: 56-0 Over Grambling
Monday Morning Quarterback: Grambling State Win
Box Score -- Game Notes -- Postgame Press Conference
QUICK LOOK STATS
- TCU was opening up the new Amon G. Carter Stadium, which was pretty sweet. The game was boring, but only because Grambling never showed up. TCU had a totally dominant start, Casey Pachall was perfect through the air and the TCU defense literally did whatever it wanted too.
- We saw the emergence of Devonte Fields in this game, our first glimpse at what would turn out to be an incredibly dominant freshman campaign.
- We saw Trevone Boykin for the first time, during the second half, which featured some good throws but mainly a dynamic scramble for a score that really wowed TCU fans, vindicated the Boykin lovers and, although we didn't know it yet, set the table for what would be a wild second half of the season.
- This game really showed us nothing about this team, it simply allowed our freshmen to get their feet wet in a life atmosphere vs. another team, and it gave fans a chance to look around the new and beautifully redone AGC.
- Looking back and watching this game, it makes me incredibly sad to watch Pachall at quarterback and think of what might have been. Now, of course I want him to be healthy and I want him to have a good life, but you wish the kid would have figured it out before messing all this up, who knows where we would be right now.
- Enjoy the game, it is full of highlights. Next year's debut game will likely not be as flashy.