Results for Week 2
SB Nation BlogPoll College Football Rankings 2011
Week two of the college football season is in the books and SBNation’s BlogPoll Top 25 is hot off the press so let’s break it down and dive right into the rankings after the jump.
- Alabama remains your number one team in the country and is separating themselves even further from the pack. The Tide received 88 first place votes this week compared to 81 last week.
- In a move that shocked me, LSU overtook USC for the number two spot. I know the Tigers looked good against Washington, but it didn’t catapult them over USC in my opinion.
- UCLA, Florida, and Kansas State all made the biggest leaps in this week’s poll. UCLA went from unranked to #20. Florida moved up ten spots with their win over A&M to #17, and Kansas State jumped eight spots to #12 after they embarrassed "The U."
- The TCU Horned Frogs made a decent sized jump up to #16 after being ranked 22nd after week one. Here at FrogsOWar, we show them a little more respect and have them at #12.
- The SBNation Blogpoll has Tennessee and Ohio ranked, those two teams do not appear on the FOW poll. On the flip side, FrogsOWar has Northwestern and Baylor ranked and the SBNation poll does not.