|Date (Time)|| Friday: March 1 (5:30 p.m. CT)
Saturday: March 2 (1 p.m. CT)
Sunday: March 3 (Noon CT)
|Location|| John Sessions Stadium | Jacksonville, Fla.
| Starting Pitchers
|| Friday: Brandon Finnegan vs. Thomas Eshelman
Saturday: Preston Morrison vs. Justin Garza
Sunday: Stefan Crichton vs. Grahamm Wiest
|Radio Listing||KTCU 88.7 FM, FrogVision|
|Listen Online||Friday | Saturday | Sunday|
|Gametracker||Friday | Saturday | Sunday|
|Game Notes||Game Notes|
|Twitter Updates||Baseball Twitter|
The TCU baseball team travels to Florida this weekend for a three game series against Jacksonville starting Friday night. The games conclude a stretch of seven out of 10 games away from home.
• TCU halted a six-game losing streak on Tuesday night with a 6-1 road win over Dallas Baptist.
• The Horned Frogs scored a season high in runs with six and pounded out a season-high 11 hits in the win.
• Cody Jones led the offense with three hits. In total seven Frogs tallied a hit in the win.
• Trevor Seidenberger pitched six innings of no-hit baseball to earn his first career win.
• In three games this past weekend, the Frogs averaged 3,975 fans per game.
• Keaton Jones drove in three of the Horned Frogs' four runs against Cal State Fullerton.
• Alex Young, Boomer White and Travis Hennessey each made their first career starts this past weekend.
• Nick Frey has pitched 5 1/3 scoreless innings to open the season.
• Brett Johnson has hit safely in four straight games.
• The Dolphins won two out of three over Richmond last weekend. They dropped the opener, but bounced back to win the final two games.
• Jacksonville is coming of a 12-5 loss to the College of Charleston on Wednesday night. The Dolphins had a 4-0 lead, but gave up 12 runs in the third through sixth innings.
• The Dolphins used seven pitchers in the loss.
• Drew Luther had three of the Dolphins eight hits.
• The Dolphins have flashed power with six home runs on the campaign.
• Braddock Rowe passes the team with a .333 average and seven RBIs.
• On the mound, Jacksonville has a 5.55 ERA and is allowing opponents to hit .268 this season.
• Starter Chris Anderson has been outstanding, striking out 22 batters in 14 innings pitched.
• The defense has committed 15 errors on the season, leading to 15 unearned runs.
• TCU and Jacksonville have never met on the diamond.
• Jacksonville will be the fifth opponent TCU has played from the state of Florida under the direction of Coach Schlossnagle.
• The Frogs have a 14-6 record against schools from Florida under Schlossnagle.
• It'll be the fourth journey to Florida under Schlossnagle's guidance.
• TCU is 6-3 in Florida under Schlossnagle.
• The Frogs last visit to the state was in 2007 when they opened the season at UCF.
• TCU will be playing its second series of the season on the road this weekend.
• It will wrap up a stretch of four straight away from Lupton Stadium.
• TCU owns a record of 135-87 on the road under the direction of Jim Schlossnagle.
• The Frogs were 13-10 on an opposition's home field in 2012.
• Tuesday's win over Dallas Baptist snapped a five-game road losing streak.
• TCU is 40-12 in road series victories over Schlossnagle.
Tuesday night's win over Dallas Baptist had a number of positives to it. The offense came to life, scoring a season-high six runs on a season-high 11 hits. It was just the third time this season the Horned Frogs scored first in a contest.
Cody Jones doubled his hit total with three hits in the contest. Brett Johnson collected two hits as did Derek Odell. Kevin Cron and Johnson also tallied their first RBIs of the season. Seven of the nine starters recorded a hit in the game.
More importantly, three of the six Frog runs came with two outs in the inning.
In four of the seven games, TCU's starting pitcher has gone at least six innings.
Tuesday night, Trevor Seidenberger pitched six solid innings of no-hit baseball. He allowed just two base runners in his time on the mound - a lead-off walk in the fourth and a runner that reached on an error to open the seventh. The lefty fanned a career-high six.