|Date (Time)|| Tuesday: March 19 (7 p.m. CT)
|Location|| The Ballpark in Arlington | Arlington, Texas
| Starting Pitchers
|| Tuesday: LH Trevor Seidenberger vs. LH Keegan Hucul
|Game Notes||Game Notes|
|Twitter Updates||Baseball Twitter|
TCU begins a stretch of seven of the next eight games away from Lupton Stadium Tuesday night. UT Arlington will host the Horned Frogs at the Ballpark in Arlington. Game time is set for 7 p.m.
• TCU played its inaugural Big 12 series this past weekend against Kansas.
• The Frogs dropped a tightly contested series as the Jayhawks won the final two games on the weekend.
• TCU finished 5-4 on its homestand.
• Kansas outlasted TCU 2-0 in 12 innings in the series finale. TCU moved to 1-1 in extra innings this season.
• Kevin Cron has hit safely in seven straight games.
• Preston Morrison ranks second in the Big 12 with his 0.96 ERA.
• As a team, the Horned Frog pitching staff rankes fifth in the league with a 3.00 ERA. The staff leads the league in opponent batting average (.220).
• Jantzen Witte tied a school-record with three doubles in Friday's win. It's the second time in his career he has accomplished the feat.
• Keaton Jones has reached base safely in 13 straight contests.
UT ARLINGTON NOTABLES
• UT Arlington went 1-2 in a home series against McNeese State this past weekend.
• The Mavericks have just two wins in their last seven games played.
• Two of UTA's 10 wins have come against Big 12 foes Oklahoma and Texas Tech.
• Matt Shortall leads the team with a .406 batting average, two home runs and 18 RBIs.
• As a team, UTA is averaging 5.0 runs per game and are hitting at a .278 clip.
• UTA has hit into 21 double plays and has turned just nine as a team.
• The Maverick pitching staff is holding opponents to a .256 batting average against.
• John Beck leads the pitching staff with eight appearances on the mound.
• Defensively, the Mavericks have committed 21 errors in 19 games for a .971 fielding percentage.
• The Horned Frogs and the Mavericks will be meeting for the 143rd time on Tuesday.
• UTA and TCU split both meeting a year ago, with each team winning on its home field.
• TCU holds an 87-55 edge in the all-time series.
• Since 2004, the Frogs are 16-4 against UTA.
• TCU and UT Arlington are meeting on a neutral site for the first time since 1999.
• The two teams played in Laredo on Feb. 5, 1999.
THE BALLPARK IN ARLINGTON NOTABLES
• TCU will be making its first appearance at the Ballpark in Arlington since 2001.
• The Horned Frogs are just 2-7 in games played at the Ballpark.
• TCU has squared off against Texas in six of those nine games.
• The Frogs have also played Texas A&M and Oklahoma at the Ballpark.
• The Frogs last win in Arlington came in dramatic fashion as Chris Connolly hit a walk-off home run to give TCU an 8-7 win over Texas on April 28.
• TCU's first game at the Ballpark was in 1995 against Texas A&M.
RECAPPING THE HOMESTAND
TCU wrapped up a season-long nine game homestand with a 5-4 record. Included in those nine games was a four game winning streak.
The Frogs hit .268 as a team, letd by Paul Hendrix (.375) and Dylan Fitzgerald (.370). Four Frogs recorded 10 hits during the homestand: Fitzgerald, Jantzen Witte, Boomer White and Kevin Cron.
On the mound, the pitching staff posted a 2.96 ERA with 72 strikeouts and just 23 walks. Preston Morrison and Alex Young each collected a pair of wins.
Defensively, the club struggled with 13 errors for a .967 fielding percentage.
THE BALLPARK IN ARLINGTON
TCU is visiting the Ballpark in Arlington for the first time since the 2001 campaign. The Horned Frogs have played nine games at the home of the Texas Rangers.
The first appearance came in 1995 with a pair of contests against Texas A&M. It was the first collegiate game to be played at the Ballpark.
1996 saw the start of an annual game against Texas. The two programs met five times from 1996 to 2001. The 2000 game was cancelled due to rain.
The doubleheader against Texas in 1996 set a then-NCAA regular-season attendance record of 21,043. Four of the last five games played at the Ballpark saw crowds of 14,000 or better.
Here is a look at the Frogs at the Ballpark in Arlington:
Date Opponent Result
5/13/95 Texas A&M L, 15-20
5/14/95 Texas A&M L, 9-10
4/28/96 Oklahoma L, 6-7 (14)
5/4/96 Texas W, 11-6
5/4/96 Texas L, 13-20
4/8/97 Texas L, 6-7 (6)
4/28/98 Texas W, 8-7
4/20/99 Texas L, 0-3
4/17/01 Texas L, 2-10
Since getting a day off to regroup, Kevin Cron has responded with a seven-game hitting streak that has saw him raise his batting average .100 points.
He came off the bench on March 9 to record a clutch hit that tied the game at three. That has spurred a hitting streak that has seen Cron hit .357 (10-for-28). He has a trio of multi-hit games and has collected five RBIs.
FINDING A WAY
Keaton Jones currently owns a streak of reaching base in 13 straight games. Jones has been a revelation this season as he ranks fourth among everyday players with a .276 batting average. In addition to a batting average that is over 100 points better than a year ago, Jones has posted a .417 on-base percentage.
Jones is one of just three Horned Frogs to have played in and started all 19 games this season. He has reached base safely in 17 of those games and tallied a hit in 13.
In 2012, Jones had 28 hits in 62 games. He already has 16 this season. Additionally, the sophomore had 17 RBIs as a freshman. He is on his way to surpassing that with 10 already this year.