Friday: April 19 (6:30 p.m. CT)
Saturday: April 20 (3:30 p.m. CT)
Sunday: April 21 (1 p.m. CT)
|Location||Lupton Stadium | Fort Worth, Texas
||FSSW+/FCS (Friday; Sunday); FSSW (Saturday)|
Friday: Preston Morrison vs. Max Garner
Saturday: Brandon Finnegan vs. Austin Stone
Sunday: Andrew Mitchell vs. Dillon Newman
|Radio Listing||KTCU 88.7 FM, FrogVision|
|Watch Online||Friday | Saturday | Sunday|
|Gametracker||Friday | Saturday | Sunday|
|Twitter Updates||Baseball Twitter|
The TCU baseball team returns home for an important three game series against a Baylor squad that is sits a half-game out of first place in the league. Friday's series opener is slated for 6:30 p.m.
• TCU carried the momentum from Sunday's win and won its second straight with an 11-4 win at UT Arlington.
• TCU won its second Big 12 series of the season with a dramatic 3-2 come-from-behind win over No. 22 Oklahoma State on Sunday.
• Paul Hendrix hit his third home run of the season Tuesday at UT Arlington.
• Brett Johnson provided the game-winning three-run double in the ninth inning on Sunday.
• Boomer White broke an 0-for-23 slump with a three-hit game on Tuesday.
• Cody Jones and Derek Odell also notch multiple RBI games on Tuesday.
• TCU moved up to third in the league, lowering its ERA to 2.86 over the last four games.
• Preston Morrison has the lowest ERA (1.05) of all starters in the Big 12.
• Trey Teakell has not allowed a run as a reliever this season spanning 13 2/3 innings.
• Baylor has series wins over the top two teams in the Big 12 (Kansas State and Oklahoma).
• Last weekend's series win over the Sooners saw the Bears post a walk-off win on Friday and a come-from-behind win on Sunday.
• This week's Big 12 Hitter of the Week, Cal Towey, provided both game-winning hits. He hit a walk-off home run on Friday and an eighth-inning grand slam Sunday.
• Nathan Orf is tied for the league lead with a .407 average.
• Logan Brown (14) and Adam Toth (12) have 26 of the Bears' 43 stolen bases.
• On the mound, the Bears have a 3.59 ERA led by Doug Ashby's 1.08 ERA in 14 appearances.
• Ryan Smith has a team-high five saves in 16 appearances.
• Baylor's .964 fielding percentage ranks eighth in the Big 12.
• TCU and Baylor will be meeting for the 306th time on Friday night. • Baylor holds a 158-143-4 lead in the series.
• TCU is 12-10 against Baylor since Jim Schlossnagle took over in 2004, including 7-3 in Fort Worth.
• TCU has won five of the last seven meetings, including four straight.
• The two teams are meeting as conference opponents for the first time since the 1996 season.
• The Frogs renewed their series with the Bears in 2000 and have played every year since.
• TCU will play its final home series in the month of April.
• The Frogs have just eight home games remaining in 2013.
• TCU is 5-4 at Lupton Stadium in the month of April.
• The Horned Frogs have an all-time record of 243-88 at home.
• After 21 home games, TCU ranks 11th nationally in attendance, averaging almost 3,600 fans per game.
Trailing 2-0 heading into the ninth inning on Sunday, the Horned rallied with three runs to steal a victory. Brett Johson's three-run double seems to have awoken the Horned Frog bats.
In its last 10 innings played, TCU has scored 14 runs on 15 hits. The Frogs had totaled 14 combined runs in their previous 54 2/3 innings, including just six runs in the series against Oklahoma State.
On Saturday, Brandon Finnegan was charged with his fifth loss of the season. In the game he allowed a pair of unearned runs and received just one run of support from the offense.
That's the story of the season for Finnegan as the Horned Frogs have scored just 17 times in games he has started. Seven of those runs came in one game. In eight of his nine starts, the Frogs are averaging just 1.3 runs per game.
Finnegan ranks in the top 10 among Big 12 pitchers with his 2.39 ERA in 49 innings pitched. He leads the team with 50 strikeouts and is limiting opponents to a .228 batting average. Finnegan has given up just 19 runs on the season.