TCU GAMEDAY INFORMATION
TCU (1-2, 0-1 Big 12) vs. SMU (1-2, 0-0 AAC)
|Date (Time)||Saturday, Sept. 28 (11 a.m. CDT)|
|Location||Amon G. Carter Stadium (45,000) | Fort Worth, Texas
||FOX Sports 1|
||Craig Bolerjack (PBP), Joey Harrington (color), Ryan Nece (sideline)
|Radio Listing||WBAP 820 AM and 96.7 FM, KTCU 88.7 FM|
|Spanish Radio||AM 1270 Univision Radio|
|Listen Online||Listen Live|
|Radio Talent||Brian Estridge (PBP), John Denton (color)
Landry Burdine (sideline)
|Spanish Radio Talent||Miguel Cruz (PBP), Elvis Gallegos (color)|
|Game Notes||TCU Game Notes|
|Gameday Central||Gameday Central|
|Multimedia||Watch Tuesday News Conference|
TCU WATCHING PARTIES -- CLICK HERE
SMU GAMEDAY INFORMATION
SMU Mustangs (1-2, 0-0 AAC) vs. TCU Horned Frogs (1-2, 0-1 Big 12)
Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 11 a.m. CT
Amon Carter Stadium (45,000)
Fort Worth, Texas
FoxSports 1/SMU Radio Network
Setting The Scene
• SMU wraps up its non-conference schedule by traveling across the Metroplex to face archrival TCU in the StateFarm DFW Duel - The Battle For The Iron Skillet.
• The Run `n' Raid is off to a great start as SMU QB Garrett Gilbert leads the nation in completions per game (37.67) and ranks seventh in both passing yards (338.3 ypg) and total offense (372.7) and Mustang receivers Darius Joseph and Jeremy Johnson are third and 18th, respectively, in catches per game.
• Gilbert enters the game on a school-record streak of three-straight 300-yard passing games.
• SMU & TCU coaches will wear Coach to Cure MD patches on Saturday to raise awareness and funding for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy research. Fans can donate online at CoachtoCureMD.org or donate $5 by texting CURE to 90999.
• Over the past 31 games, SMU is 16-0 when scoring first but 0-15 when the opponent scores first.
About The Frogs
• Coming off a 16-day break, TCU comes into the game well rested, but still stung by the injury bug, as QB Casey Pachall will miss the game with an arm injury. The Frogs are 1-2, but the mark is deceiving, as both losses have come to teams now ranked in the Top 25.
• SMU and TCU have a long-standing rivalry, having played nearly every season since 1915. TCU holds a slight 45-40-7 series edge. SMU, though, won the last match-up in Ft. Worth, 40-33, in overtime in 2011.
• Two 1935 National Champs? Both SMU and TCU claim the 1935 National Championship and both are recognized in the NCAA Record Books. SMU was named champs by both the Dickinson and Houlgate Systems, while TCU was named by the Williamson System. Who won the head-to-head match-up? The Mustangs, 20-14, in Fort Worth.
• June Jones is in his sixth season at the SMU helm. His SMU record is 32-36 and his career mark is now 108-77. Jones led SMU to back-to-back Conference USA Western Division Co-Championships in 2009 and 2010, and has led the Mustangs to four straight bowl berths. Jones went 76-41 in nine seasons at Hawaii, leading the Warriors to the Allstate Sugar Bowl following the 2007 season. Prior to heading to Hawaii, Jones had a 12-year coaching career in the NFL, including head coaching stops at Atlanta and San Diego.
• Gary Patterson is in his 13th season at TCU. He is the school's all-time winningest coach and holds a career and school record of 117-38. Patterson has produced at least 10 wins in eight of the last 10 years, including seven seasons of 11 or more victories.
TCU Athletics Department
Main Phone: (817) 257-5658 | Tickets: (817) 257-7967
Department Directory | Ticket Office
FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE WITH FREE PARKING
Shuttle Service Location:
PAID PARKING AVAILABLE AT ST. STEPHEN PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
PAID PARKING AVAILABLE AT PASCHAL HIGH SCHOOL
The general parking fee will be $10 per car that includes shuttle service to the stadium. Shuttles will begin 3 hours prior to kick-off, with the last shuttle departing Amon G. Carter Stadium 45 minutes after the conclusion of the game.
SEASON & DONATION PARKING AVAILABLE AT UNIVERSITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
DIRECTIONS TO GAMEDAY PARKING LOTS
From IH-35 to Paschal HS lot
From I-30 to Paschal HS lot
From IH-30 to St. Stephen Presbyterian Church
From IH-35 to St. Stephen Presbyterian Church
From I-35 to Travis Avenue Baptist Church
From I-35 to University United Methodist Church
From I-30 to University United Methodist Church
Route 7 City Buses
For more information on parking and tailgating, please call the TCU Frog Club at 817-257-7700.
The following policies are in place for the parking lots