Call David Simon, because TCU's in the Big Easy. They may not be the 2014-15 Kentucky Wildcats, but coming off a crushing 81-54 victory over Washington State, the Horned Frogs have been quite impressive in their start. As for New Orleans (1-0), they looked pretty solid in their first game against Pensacola Christian College.
Board To Death.
Kyan Anderson and Trey Zeigler have both been dynamite on offense--both averaging double-digits in scoring. But what do you know about the 20th best rebounding team in the country? And with my second joke in reference to another little watched HBO series, TCU stayed relatively competitive last year with their rebounding and defense, and they might win some league games because of it this year.
New Orleans is the antithesis of TCU. Kevin Brown, the senior guard from Houston, put up 18 points in the Privateers' only game. But what's really electric is the high percentage with which this team shoots (.527, 32nd Nationally).
TCU Headlines (via GoFrogs.com)
• TCU is 17-4 when leading at the half under TJ
• TCU has now held 16 opponents to 59 points or less under Johnson.
• Dating back to last season, Kyan has now scored in double-figures in 16-straight games.
• TCU is now 5-3 when Shepherd grabs double-digits boards.
• All 14 players suited up have seen action in both games this season.
• TCU has grabbed 95 rebounds in the first two games, which didn't happen until game three a year ago.
• Dating back to last season, TCU has now held 14 opponents to 65 points or less.
• With 1,211 career points, Anderson is 16th all-time in program history in scoring.
• Anderson has 17 20-point games in his four-year career.
• TCU's 45 first half points against WSU were the most in a first half since last December.
Where Can I Watch?
Trick question. You can't. But you can listen. On SiriusXM and locally on 1460 AM.