Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2014 | 7:00 p.m. CT | Fort Worth, Texas | Radio Network: 1460 AM KCLE; SiriusXM | TV: None
The Horned Frogs look like a vastly different team than we've seen in recent past, and tonight they face a tougher test than some may think. The Radford Highlanders are 2-2, and are on a 2-game winning streak. They'll be able to give TCU a tougher test than Mississippi Valley State, that's for sure, and should help us get a better feel for this newfound TCU offense.
It's an offense that, for the first time under Trent Johnson, has scored at least 80 points in three consecutive games, and broke the century mark in Monday's contest.
Kyan Anderson leads the team in scoring, averaging 13.5 points per game, but he's got a lot more help than he's used to. Five other Frogs (Trey Zeigler, Chris Washburn, Kenrich Williams, Brandon Parrish and Karviar Shepherd) are averaging more than 7.5 points per game. Meanwhile rebounding, which has been a disaster area for TCU over the past few seasons, has become a strength. TCU has two games with 50+ rebounds already on the season, and are averaging 43.2 boards per contest.
After this one, it's off to Corpus Christi for the Corpus Christi Coastal Classic, where they'll face off against Bradley on Friday, and the winner of St. Louis vs. Mississippi State on Saturday.
Here are some more notes, courtesy of GoFrogs.com:
• Trent Johnson recorded his 250th victory this past Monday night.
• TCU has now started 4-0 for the first time since 2007-08.
• TCU is 19-4 when leading at the half under head coach Trent Johnson.
• TCU has started the same starting lineup for four-straight games.
• TCU has now held 17 opponents to 59 points or less under Trent Johnson.
• The Frogs amassed the most points in a single-game Monday since scoring 108 against Texas State in 2009.
• TCU eclipsed the 100-point barrier for the first time under Johnson against Mississippi Valley State.
• Kyan Anderson moved into No. 13 all-time in scoring in program history with 1,237 points.
• Anderson posted his 59th double-figure scoring output of his career against MVSU.
• Anderson has 17 20-point games in his four-year career.
• TCU is now 6-3 when Karviar Shepherd grabs double-digit boards.
• Shepherd posted his ninth double-digit rebounding game of his career vs. MVSU.
• TCU posted a season-high in blocks Monday with 12.
• For a fourth-straight game all 14 players suited up saw action against MVSU.