The NCAA announced today that Big 12 champion TCU will be one of the 16 regional site hosts for next weekend's NCAA Regionals which are slated to begin Friday afternoon.
The nationally-ranked Horned Frogs will be making their 10th appearance in the last 11 years in the postseason and are hosting for the fourth time in program history.
The Frogs (42-15) entered last weekend ranked as high as No. 12 in the nation and have won 27 of their last 30 games. TCU went undefeated on its way to the Big 12 Tournament Championship, capping its run with a 7-1 win over Oklahoma State.
Each regional field features four teams, playing a double-elimination format. All 16 regionals are scheduled to be conducted from Friday, May 30, to Monday, June 2.
The field of 64 will be announced on Monday at 11 a.m. in a show airing on ESPNU. Fans are welcome to join the Frogs in the Champions Club at Amon G. Carter Stadium for a selection show watching party. Doors open at 10:45 a.m.
By virtue of being awarded a regional, all 16 host institutions have also been selected to the 64-team field.
Tickets will initially be sold as All-Session reserved seat packages only. This package includes tickets to each game with a maximum of seven (7) possible games. Currently, they are available to season ticket holders only and must be purchased by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 28.
All-Session prices are $60 for adults and $45 for youth (ages 3-17). This is a substantial savings as single game reserved tickets---if available after expected high demand for All-Sessions---will not be sold until the first game and will be $20 for adults and $15 for youth per game. All seats in Lupton Stadium will be sold as reserved seats, no General Admission. Once all reserved seats are sold, Standing Room Only will be available on the Grass Hill down the first base line. These SRO tickets will only be sold after all reserved seats have been sold, and they will be $15 each.
If all-session packages remain, they will be available to the general public Thursday morning beginning at 8 a.m. Call 817-257-3764 to purchase your tickets.
The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records are as follows:
• Baton Rouge, Louisiana – LSU (44-14-1)
• Bloomington, Indiana – Indiana (42-13-1)
• Charlottesville, Virginia – Virginia (44-13)
• Columbia, South Carolina - South Carolina (42-16)
• Coral Gables, Florida – Miami (41-17)
• Corvallis, Oregon - Oregon State (42-12)
• Fort Worth, Texas - TCU (42-15)
• Houston, Texas – Rice (41-18)
• Gainesville, Florida - Florida (40-21)
• Lafayette, Louisiana – Louisiana (53-7)
• Louisville, Kentucky – Louisville (45-15)
• Nashville, Tennessee – Vanderbilt (41-18)
• Oxford, Mississippi – Ole Miss (41-18)
• San Luis Obispo, California – Cal Poly (45-10)
• Stillwater, Oklahoma – Oklahoma State (45-16)
• Tallahassee, Florida – Florida State (43-15)