Original Content via GoFrogs.com
OH, WHAT A TURN OF EVENTS
- TCU finished the month of March with an average 15-12 record and was last in the Big 12 with a 2-4 conference mark.
- Since that time, the Horned Frogs have reeled off a blistering stretch of baseball that has seen them win 19-of-20 games to push their record to 34-13 overall.
- TCU has succeeded in all facets of the game, hitting .310 as a team, fielding at a .982 clip and posting a miniscule 1.42 ERA. The pitching staff has posted 10 of its 13 shutouts on the season during the streak.
- Dylan Fitzgerald is the team's leading hitter with a .370 average. Boomer White has 17 RBIs. On the mound, Preston Morrison has a 0.21 ERA and is a perfect 5-0.
INSIDE THE STREAK
- TCU has put together an impressive 12 game winning streak that has featured seven shutouts. The Horned Frogs have outscored the opposition 78-15.
- Of the Frogs' 113 hits, 30 have gone for extra bases. Dylan Fitzgerald is TCU's leading hitter at .476 and leading run producer with 13 RBIs. The Frogs have worked 43 walks and swiped 14 stolen bases.
- On the mound, the Frogs boast a miniscule 0.85 ERA and are holding opponents to a .192 batting average. TCU has surrendered just nine extra base hits.
- Dylan Fitzgerald has been on a tear over the last five games. He has raised his average 37 points from .296 up to .333.
- In the past five games, Fitzgerald is hitting .684 (13-for-19) with seven runs scored, nine RBIs to go along with three doubles and a triple. He has four multi-hit games and has driven in a run in four straight games.
- In the 21-7 win over Kansas State, Fitzgerald recorded a career-high four hits, four RBIs and four runs scored.
FLASHING THE LEATHER
- Keaton Jones is on his way to leaving his mark on the defensive career records. Over the weekend, Jones tallied 10 assists at shortstop moving him into the top five all time.
- He surpassed Brad Wallace's total of 481 assists from 1992-96. Jones currently has 484 assists in 166 games played. He is in striking distance of Ben Carruthers and Bryan Kervin who sit third with 492 assists each. Taylor Featherston holds the record with 554 assists from 2009-11. In his career, Jones boasts a .958 fielding percentage.
- Additionally, Jones ranks fourth all-time with 31 career sacrifice. He is 10 sacs away from tying Jantzen Witte's career total.
- On March 22, Preston Morrison had his shortest stint as a starter, allowing four runs in two innings. In the six starts since, Morrison has been nothing short of dominating.
- The junior has posted a 0.38 ERA, allowing just two runs in 48 innings pitched. Additionally, he has fanned 36 (seven in four of his last five starts) and walked just six.
- For his career, Morrison has started 38 games. TCU is 25-13 in games he starts. He boasts 29 career quality starts (6 or more innings). He has gone at least seven innings 25 times and eight innings 17 times. As a starter, he has a career ERA of 1.79.
- Morrison boasts a career record of 23-8. The 23 victories tie him with Jake Arrieta (2006-07) and Shawn Thompson's (1997-00) career win total.
- This past weekend, he became only the fifth Horned Frog to amass over 300 innings of work in a TCU uniform. He sits fourth all-time with 304.2 innings pitched.
BACK IN THE GROOVE
- Boomer White found his groove this past weekend after a nine game mini-slump that saw him hit just .193 (6-for-31).
- He broke out of his slump with a 1-for-2 day at the plate against Stephen F. Austin and carried the momentum into the Kansas State series. Against the Wildcats, White hit .538 (7-for-13) with five RBIs and two doubles to push his average back up to .364. All five RBIs came in TCU's 21-7 trouncing of the Wildcats.
- White leads all Horned Frogs with 21 multi-hit games this season.
HOME SWEET HOME
- The Horned Frogs enter the weekend carry an 11-game home winning streak dating back to an 11-0 victory over UT Pan Am on March 25.
- TCU has outscored its opponents 78-14 and is hitting .331 during the streak. On the mound, the staff has a 0.84 ERA with four shutouts.