8) Annihilating the Longhorns 50-7
Oh what a day, what a lovely day it was for the Horned Frogs. It's always a great time when you just kick the life out of the Horns. This game was essentially over by the end of the 1st quarter thanks to a strong showing from the TCU defense, and a poor one from the UT special teams. The fun times didn't just stop there:
- Trevone Boykin set the record for most career touchdown passes in TCU history, moving past Andy Dalton as the incumbent holder of the record.
- Boykin threw for a total of 5 touchdowns, 4 to Turpin, and 1 to Doctson.
- Kavontae Turpin set the TCU record for most receiving touchdowns in a single game by a true freshman.
- Turpin had a career day, racking up 6 receptions for 138 yards and four touchdowns.
- Shaun Nixon had as many touchdown passes as Texas' entire offense had all day.
- The Horns did not find the end zone until 5:15 seconds left.
Yes I know that this isn't technically a play, but the list is of both plays and moments. Let's be honest, not many plays are much sweeter than beating the heck out of the Horns. Even though this beat down wasn't on thanksgiving, this year's game against Texas was more satisfying than the previous one. AAAAAAAAND (Tyrone) SWOOPS THERE IT IS!