clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

UPDATE: Mike Tuaua suspended from TCU Football team

TCU football senior Mike Tuaua, redshirt freshman Andre Petties-Wilson, and baseball redshirt sophomore Connor Beck were arrested in conjunction with two separate incidents in the past two days.

If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.

Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports

Senior defensive end Mike Tuaua was arrested Monday afternoon on felony robbery charges, stemming from an incident on September 4th. Tuaua, from Rohnert Park, CA, is accused of attacking three male students and stealing their beer after being kicked out of a party on Lowden Street in Fort Worth.

Also arrested in conjunction with the aforementioned incident was redshirt freshman wide receiver Andre Petties-Wilson, who had yet to see game action in 2015. A San Diego, CA native, the 6'1" receiver was a two way player and three sport athlete for Mission Bay High School.

Minor injuries were sustained by two of the students attacked, and one was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment. Tuaua, who has not played in the Frog's last two games, made five starts in 2014 and appeared in 12 of 13 games. While he struggled with minor injuries during fall camp, the reason for his recent absence was never fully disclosed by Gary Patterson. Neither TCU, nor Coach Patterson, have made a statement to this point, but we will update the story as more information is released.

In an unrelated incident, redshirt sophomore Connor Beck, an outfielder on the TCU baseball team, was stopped by Fort Worth Police on suspicion of drunken driving early Sunday morning on Park Hill Drive near TCU. Beck's BAC was nearly twice the legal limit in Texas, and in addition to the DUI charge, he was arrested for resisting arrest and unlawful possession of a weapon. Free on bond, Beck has a court date set for October 9th for the DUI, with the other two charges still pending.

We will continue to update this story as information becomes available.

UPDATE: 7:20pm

The Fort Worth Police took Mike Tuaua's statement, in which he said that he punched one of the victims to make him to get him off of teammate Andre Petties-Wilson, who was surrounded by three males, before fleeing the scene. If you read the police report and affidavits below, you can see statements from the accused as well as the victims. According to multiple reports, Tuaua has been suspended by the team in response to the felony complaint of robbery/bodily injury. There is no report at this time as to Petties-Wilson's current status with the team.

You can read the report in full below:

Affadavits for TCU duo