College football continues to charge full steam ahead this week. With no ranked matchups this week, there are a lot of chances for upsets on the docket. I’m all for chaos, just as long as it steers clear of Manhattan, KS.
The main game for TCU fans to watch will be the Frogs vs. the Wildcats (11:00am, FS1), but there are a few intriguing games to watch in the Big 12 and across the country. Here are my top 5 to watch (in chronological order):
- #24 Texas Tech @ West Virginia (11:00am, ESPNU) - The depth of the Big 12 will be on display in Morgantown as the Red Raiders face the Mountaineers. Tech’s stay in the Top 25 may be short-lived.
- #12 Oklahoma vs. Texas (2:30pm, ESPN) - Red River. First-year coaches. Lake Travis QB vs. Westlake QB. The storylines write themselves in this one. Let me know in the comments who y’all have winning this one!
- #25 Navy @ Memphis (2:45pm, ESPNU) - The American is sneaky good this year. Teams like UCF, USF, Houston, and even SMU are playing some solid football this year. This should be fun to watch.
- Arkansas @ #1 Alabama (6:15pm, ESPN) - Do I think an upset will happen? Hahahaha no. But it sure would do great things for TCU’s resume.
- Utah @ #13 USC (7:00pm, ABC) - This could be an upset special as the Utes could come in looking to bounce back from their close loss to Stanford at home. Will USC be ready for tomorrow or looking ahead to their trip to #16 Notre Dame next Saturday?
Here’s the rest of the Big 12 schedule:
- Kansas @ Iowa State (11:00am)
- Baylor @ #14 Oklahoma State (2:30pm, FS1)
Keep it here all day and let’s talk some football!