The Fort Worth Super Regional begins tonight at 5:00 pm, as the Frogs and Bears face off with Omaha on the line. TCU announced that there were a limited amount of reserved seats available, and we all know they’ll pack that GA to capacity - and beyond. So, get out to Lupton Stadium if you can, and be loud. But if you can’t, here’s how to watch and follow along with every pitch of the action.
No. 5 TCU (45-16; 16-8 Big 12) vs. Missouri State Bears (43-18; 18-1 MVC)
Saturday, June 10th
Game 1: (6) TCU vs. Missouri State - 5:00pm CT | ESPNU
Radio: KTCU 88.7
Sunday, June 11th
Game 2: (Elimination Game): (6) TCU vs Missouri State - 5:00pm CT | ESPNU/ESPN2
Radio: KTCU 88.7
Monday, June 12th
Game 3 (if necessary): (6) TCU vs Missouri State - TBA | TBA
Radio: KTCU 88.7
Here are some game notes, courtesy of www.gofrogs.com:
- TCU was one of five National Seeds to advance to the NCAA Super Regionals.
- TCU swept its way through the NCAA Fort Worth Regional with wins over Central Connecticut State, Virginia and Dallas Baptist.
- TCU worked 21 walks in the NCAA Regional and now ranks sixth nationally with 329 on the season.
- TCU reached the century mark in stolen bases for just the sixth time in program history.
- The 100 stolen bases rank tied for 13th nationally, while Nolan Brown ranks 11th nationally with 27 stolen bases.
- TCU’s 567 strikeouts as a team ranks sixth nationally, while its 2.97 K:BB ratio ranks 16th.
- Jared Janczak’s 4.97 hits allowed per nine ranks second nationally.
- Brian Howard became the first Horned Frog pitcher to notch back-to-back 10 win seasons.
- Durbin Feltman collected his 16th save of the season, establishing a school record.
- Evan Skoug’s two home runs and seven RBIs helped him crack the top-5 all-time in TCU history. He is tied for fifth with 34 career home runs (Paul Gonzalez) and 159 RBIs (Matt Carpenter).
MISSOURI STATE NOTABLES
- Missouri State won the Fayetteville Regional as the No. 2 seed.
- The Bears went 3-1 in the Regional with a 3-2 win over Arkansas in the if-necessary game on Monday.
- Missouri State won the Missouri Valley conference with an 18-1 mark, four games ahead of Dallas Baptist.
- The Bears are one of the most prolific home run-hitting teams in the country with 78 on the year led by 22 each from Jake Burger and Jeremy Eierman.
- Missouri State boasts a 3.72 ERA with six shutouts.
- TCU and Missouri State are meeting for just the third time in program history.
- TCU traveled to Springfield, Mo. April 8-9, 1990.
- The Bears won 26-2 and 5-4 to sweep the series.
SUPER REGIONAL NOTABLES
- TCU is making its seventh trip to the NCAA Super Regionals.• TCU has won four of the six Super Regionals it has taken part in (2010, 2014, 2015, 2016).
- This weekend will mark TCU’s third home Super Regional (2014, 2015).
- TCU is 4-2 all-time at home in Super Regional games.
- TCU is one of just four schools to be hosting a Super Regional for the third time in the last four years.
- TCU is one of only two schools (Louisville) that is appearing in Super Regional for the fourth straight year.
- The Frogs are 9-8 all-time in NCAA Super Regionals.
- The Frogs other appearances in the Super Regional came in 2009 and 2010 in Austin at Texas, 2012 at UCLA, 2014 and 2015 in Fort Worth and 2016 at Texas A&M.
- Under the guidance of Jim Schlossnagle, TCU is 336-106 in games played at Lupton Stadium.
- TCU is 111-23 at home over the last three-plus seasons, including a school-record 33 wins in 2015.
- TCU boasted a program-best average of 4,283 fans in 2016.
- TCU ranks 10th nationally in average attendance this year with an average of 4,756.
- With their selection to the field of 64, the Horned Frogs are in elite company. TCU is one of just nine programs nationally to appear in 13 of the last 14 regionals.
- By virtue of hosting, the Frogs also find themselves in select company as one of only five schools to host a regional seven of the last nine years and each of the last four seasons.
- TCU is one of just two teams to appear in the last four Super Regionals and one of three to appear in seven of the last nine Super Regionals.
- SUPER EXPERIENCE
- TCU boasts a veteran lineup with just one freshman in the batting order. Combined, the Horned Frogs have 138 games of NCAA Postseason experience.
- On the mound, eight Horned Frogs have pitched a combined 122 1/3 innings over 31 appearances. Brian Howard, Mitchell Traver and Jared Janczak have combined to make 16 postseason starts.
- Evan Skoug has put together a dominating two months at the plate. Since April 4, Skoug is hitting .308 with seven doubles and 14 home runs to go along with 39 RBIs.
- His power surge has vaulted him up the TCU career charts. In just three seasons in the Purple and White, Skoug’s 34 career home runs (Paul Gonzalez; 1988-90) and 159 RBIs (Matt Carpenter; 2005-09) are tied for the fifth-most in program history.
START ME UP