We’ve reached Week 3 of the college football season and many teams will be wrapping up their non-conference schedules today.
After last week’s games, the Big 12 is trending upwards thanks to big wins from Oklahoma and the Frogs, but will that momentum continue into this week? The conference certainly will have a chance to improve its reputation again today as five Big 12 teams take on Power 5 opponents.
There’s a good slate of games today to keep an eye on, but these are the top 5 (in chronological order) to watch (other than the Frogs):
- #23 Tennessee @ #24 Florida (2:30pm, CBS) - A big-time matchup for these teams to open up SEC East play, this is the game to flip to while you watch the Frogs.
- #12 LSU @ Mississippi State (6:00pm, ESPN) - My upset special of the day led by my sleeper Heisman pick: Mississippi State QB Nick Fitzgerald.
- #18 Kansas State @ Vanderbilt (6:30pm, ESPNU) - Can the Wildcats join the Frogs in securing a road victory over an SEC team?
- #3 Clemson @ #14 Louisville (7:00pm, ABC) - Reigning national champs travel to take on the reigning Heisman winner - this should be a thriller.
- Texas @ #4 USC (7:30pm, FOX) - I don’t think Longhorn Network is going to want to be replaying this game for the next 10 years.
Here’s the rest of the Big 12’s schedule:
- #9 Oklahoma State @ Pittsburgh (11:00am, ESPN)
- Kansas @ Ohio (11:00am, ESPNU)
- Delaware State @ West Virginia (11:00am)
- Iowa State @ Akron (11:00am, CBS Sports Network)
- Baylor @ Duke (11:30am, ACC Network)
- Tulane @ #2 Oklahoma (5:00pm)
- Arizona State @ Texas Tech (7:00pm)
Keep it here all day as we talk football.