Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-2) at TCU Horned Frogs (3-2)
Date: Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Venue: Amon G. Carter Stadium
Series Record: Texas Tech leads 31-26-3
Last Meeting: TCU won 27-3 in 2017
Talent: Dave Flemming, Kirk Herbstreit, Joey Galloway, Laura Rutledge
Radio: WBAP 820 AM, KTCU 88.7 FM, Sirius 105, XM 199
Talent: Brian Estridge, John Denton, Landry Burdine
Spanish Radio: KFZO 99.1 FM
Talent: Miguel Cruz, Elvis Gallegos
Spread: TCU is favored by 7 points
- A longtime tradition was renewed last season when TCU and Texas Tech battled for the Saddle Trophy. The Horned Frogs and Red Raiders used to compete annually in the West Texas Championship for the Saddle Trophy, before it went away in the early 1970s.
- Thanks to M.L. Leddy’s Boots & Saddlery of Fort Worth, the Saddle Trophy returned and headed to Fort Worth after TCU’s 27-3 victory in Lubbock.
- The Saddle Trophy sits on a stand and includes the logos for TCU and Texas Tech. Scores for 60 years of the rivalry are represented on the Saddle Trophy Stand.
- Texas Tech holds a 31-26-3 edge over TCU in the all-time series that began with a 28-16 Horned Frogs’ win in Fort Worth in 1926.
- TCU is 19-13 versus the Red Raiders in Fort Worth and 7-18-3 in Lubbock.
- Last year’s 27-3 TCU win at Texas Tech saw Shawn Robinson became the only true freshman to start at quarterback in the 18 seasons Gary Patterson has been head coach.
(thanks to www.gofrogs.com for the information!)
Can’t make it to the game? Check out the nation-wide game-watching parties: