What: 2018 CHEEZ-IT BOWL - TCU Horned Frogs (6-6) vs Cal Golden Bears (7-5)
When: Dec. 26
Where: Phoenix, Ariz.
Time: 8 p.m. (CST)
Location: Chase Field
Watch: ESPN (Jason Benetti, Kelly Stouffer, Olivia Dekker)
Radio: WBAP 820 AM, KTCU 88.7 FM, SiriusXM 81 (Brian Estridge, Landry Burdine, Alexa Shaw)
Spanish Radio: KFZO 99.1 FM (Miguel Cruz, Elvis Gallegos)
ABOUT THE GAME:
- TCU will make its 16th bowl appearance in 18 years under head coach Gary Patterson when it faces Cal on Dec. 26 at 8 p.m. CST in the Cheez-It Bowl in Phoenix.
- The game will be played at Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks. It will be TCU’s first game in a stadium used primarily for baseball.
- The Horned Frogs will play just their third game this season outside Texas. TCU had six home dates in addition to contests in Dallas, Arlington, Austin and Waco. TCU left the state only twice in the regular season.
- TCU and Cal are meeting for the first time on the gridiron. The Horned Frogs and Golden Bears have a home-and-home series scheduled for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. The first game will be in Berkeley.
- TCU is 6-0 against Pac-12 opponents under Patterson.
- TCU’s 46-21 record (.687) in road and neutral-site games since 2009 is the nation’s fifth-best mark.
- TCU is one of just 18 programs nationally to reach a bowl game in at least 16 of the last 18 seasons. 4The Cheez-It Bowl will mark the 34th bowl appearance in TCU’s history.
- TCU is 16-16-1 in bowl games.
- The Horned Frogs are 12-6 in bowls with Gary Patterson on its coaching staff and 10-6 with him as head coach.
- TCU has won nine of its last 12 bowl games.
- Nine of TCU’s last 10 bowl games and 11 of the past 13 have been decided by eight points or less.
- Prior to Patterson’s arrival on campus in 1998, TCU had just four bowl wins in its history.
- Patterson was named the Horned Frogs’ head coach prior to the 2000 Mobile Alabama Bowl.
- The Horned Frogs also went to a bowl game all three years (1998-00) when Patterson was defensive coordinator.
- TCU is playing its third bowl game in Arizona in the last 10 seasons. The Horned Frogs were in the 2010 Fiesta Bowl against Boise State and the 2012 Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl versus Michigan State.
*** all game notes courtesy of www.gofrogs.com ***
Can’t make it to the game? Watch with fellow Frog fans at one of the many official game watching parties across the country!