This is a pretty important ball game for the Horned Frogs, who face an uphill battle the rest of conference play, and desperately need a win on the road in Manhattan this week to keep their postseason hopes alive.
Here’s how you can follow the Frogs if you won’t be making the trip to the Sunflower State.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019
Time: 1:30 p.m.
Location: Manhattan, Kan.
Venue: Bill Snyder Family Stadium (50,000)
Series Record: TCU leads 7-5
Last Meeting: TCU won 14-13 (2018)
Talent: Justin Kutcher, Petros Papadakis, Shane Vereen
Radio: WBAP 820 AM, Sirius 113, XM 200, KTCU 88.7 FM
Spanish Radio: KFZO 99.1 FM
Talent: Miguel Cruz, Elvis Gallegos
OFFICIAL GAME WATCHING PARTY
Punch Bowl Social, 1100 Foch St, Fort Worth, TX
Happy Hour Pricing all game long (if you’re wearing purple) and a special Horned Frog Punch option for TCU fans.
ABOUT THE GAME- Following its second and final open date of the season, TCU returns to action Saturday when it faces Kansas State in Manhattan.
- The Horned Frogs are in the midst of playing five out of seven games on the road.
- Dating back to last year, TCU has won six of its last eight games and seven of the past 10.
- The Horned Frogs have won 14 of their last 18 regular-season games after an open date.
- TCU is 41-15 in regular-season games following a loss under head coach Gary Patterson.
- TCU has opened its season with a record of 3-2 or better for the 18th time in 19 seasons under Patterson. The Horned Frogs are looking to go at least 4-2 in the opening six games for the 14th time in the Patterson era.
- A 1983 graduate of Kansas State and former safety and outside linebacker for the Wildcats, Patterson is 4-3 as a head coach versus his alma mater. All seven games have come since TCU began Big 12 play in 2012.
- TCU’s 40 road wins since 2009 are tied for third nationally. The Horned Frogs are 40-16 (.714) in that stretch.- TCU is 18-15 on the road in its Big 12 history.
- Nine of TCU’s last 22 Big 12 road games have been decided by seven points or less. The Horned Frogs are 6-3 in those games.
- TCU has won the last two meetings with Kansas State and four of the past five.
- TCU and Kansas State are playing for just the 13th time in their history with the Horned Frogs holding a 7-5 series lead.
- Since beginning Big 12 play in 2012, TCU is 4-3 versus Kansas State. The Horned Frogs are 2-1 in Manhattan and 2-2 in Fort Worth.
- Overall, TCU is 3-3 against Kansas State in Manhattan and 4-2 in Fort Worth.
- Prior to TCU beginning Big 12 play in 2012, the schools had not met on the gridiron since 1986.
- The first game in the series was a 45-0 Kansas State victory in Manhattan in 1922.
- After that initial game, the schools did not play until four consecutive seasons from 1983
- A 52-45 win in Manhattan in 2015 saw TCU rally from a 35-17 halftime deficit. At the time, it equaled the largest come-from-behind win (18 points) in Gary Patterson’s tenure as head coach.
TIES TO THE SUNFLOWER STATE
- TCU head coach Gary Patterson was born in Larned, Kan., and is a native of Rozel, Kan.
- Patterson went to Pawnee Heights High School and then Dodge City Community College, before heading to Kansas State.
- TCU quarterback Alex Delton is a graduate transfer from Kansas State.
- Delton started the opening two games and has been a team captain in each contest this season. He has completed 52.1 percent of his passes and is third on the team with 100 yards rushing.
- He had a 1-yard scoring run for Kansas State against TCU last season. If he finds the end zone for the Horned Frogs, he’ll become just the second player in TCU history (Josh Doctson) to score for and against the Horned Frogs.