The Frogs and Horns will battle Saturday afternoon in Fort Worth in what is expected to be a perfect fall day. If you can’t enjoy the game in person, here’s everything you need to know.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019
Time: 2:30 p.m.
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Venue: Amon G. Carter Stadium (46,000)
Series Record: Texas leads 63-25-1
Last Meeting: Texas won 31-16 (2018)
Talent: Joe Davis, Brock Huard, Bruce Feldman
Spanish Radio: KFZO 99.1 FM
Talent: Miguel Cruz, Elvis Gallegos
ABOUT THE GAME
- TCU will play its first home game in nearly a month (Sept. 28) when it hosts Texas on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. on FOX.
- The Horned Frogs are in the midst of five out of seven games on the road.
- TCU has won four of the last five meetings with Texas and is 5-2 against the Longhorns since beginning Big 12 play in 2012.
- TCU is 41-16 in regular-season games following a loss under head coach Gary Patterson.
- TCU is 25-25 against ranked opponents under Patterson.
- Patterson is 5-3 as a head coach versus Texas. All but one game (2007) is since TCU joined the Big 12 in 2012.
- The Horned Frogs are 88-22 in 19 seasons under Patterson at Amon G. Carter Stadium.
- As a Big 12 member, TCU is 5-2 against Texas.
- Saturday is the 90th meeting between TCU and Texas. The Longhorns hold a 63-25-1 advantage in a series that began with an 18-10 Texas win in 1897.
- TCU is 11-28 against the Longhorns in Fort Worth, including wins in the last two home games. The Horned Frogs are 14-35-1 versus Texas in Austin.
- Texas is TCU’s fourth-most played series. The Horned Frogs’ 89 games with the Longhorns trail only Baylor (114), SMU (99) and Texas A&M (92).
THE KINGSMEN CONNECTION
- TCU head coach Gary Patterson served in 1987 as the defensive coordinator at Cal Lutheran, alma mater of Texas head coach Tom Herman.
- TCU center Coy McMillon’s brother, Jake, was a three-year letterman (2015-17) at Texas as a defensive lineman and offensive guard. He played in 34 games with 16 starts.
- Former Texas wide receiver Jerrod Heard’s younger sister, Lauren, is a junior guard for the TCU women’s basketball team.
- Lauren Heard started 34 of 35 games last season, averaging 8.7 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.2 assists.
- TCU is No. 1 in the Big 12 and 11th nationally in total defense, allowing just 281.0 yards per game. The next-closest team in the Big 12 is 45.3 yards behind the Horned Frogs (Oklahoma, 326.3).
- The Horned Frogs lead the nation in fewest first downs allowed at 76 (12.7 per game).
- One of the more memorable wins in TCU history was a 6-0 victory at No. 1 Texas on Nov. 8, 1961.- The lone score in the game was a second-quarter touchdown pass from Sonny Gibbs to Buddy Iles.