On the road again.
The Horned Frogs leave the friendly confines of Fort Worth to head to the decidedly unfriendly confines of Boone Pickens Stadium, a playground that has mostly haunted TCU since joining the Big 12.
Can they make it two in a row at Oklahoma State? We will find out Saturday.
Date: Saturday, Nov. 2, 2019
Time: 2:30 p.m.
Location: Stillwater, Okla.
Venue: Boone Pickens Stadium (55,509)
Series Record: Oklahoma State leads 15-12-2
Last Meeting: TCU won 31-24 (2018)
Talent: Mark Jones, Dusty Dvoracek, Olivia Dekker
Radio: WBAP 820 AM, Sirius 113, XM 200, KTCU 88.7 FM
Spanish Radio: KFZO 99.1 FM
Talent: Miguel Cruz, Elvis Gallegos
ABOUT THE GAME
- TCU returns to the road Saturday for a 2:30 p.m. contest at Oklahoma State.
- The Horned Frogs are in the midst of five out of seven games on the road.
- TCU is playing in Stillwater for the fifth time in its eight seasons in the Big 12. Upon entering the conference in 2012, TCU inherited Texas A&M’s league schedule in which the Aggies owed the Cowboys an extra home game. TCU played at Oklahoma State in consecutive seasons in 2012 and 2013, before hosting the Cowboys for the first time in 2014.
- The game features the all-time winningest coaches at both schools. Patterson has 171 victories at TCU, while Mike Gundy has 126 for OSU.
- Patterson is 3-4 as a head coach versus Oklahoma State with all seven meetings since TCU joined the Big 12 in 2012.
- TCU’s 40 road wins since 2009 rank in a tie for third nationally. The Horned Frogs are 40-17 (.702) in that stretch.
- TCU is 18-16 on the road in its Big 12 history.
- Ten of TCU’s last 22 Big 12 road games have been decided by seven points or less. The Horned Frogs are 6-4 in those games. Since beginning Big 12 play in 2012, TCU is 9-7 in conference road games decided by seven points or less.
WHEN LAST IN STILLWATER
- Behind a career-high 160 yards rushing and three touchdowns by Darius Anderson, TCU posted a 44-31 win at No. 6 Oklahoma State in 2017.
- Anderson was named the Walter Camp National Offensive Player of the Week.
- The Horned Frogs had 32 first downs, 228 yards rushing and 466 in total offense while holding a 39:04 to 20:56 edge in time of possession.
- Oklahoma State holds a 15-12-2 edge in the all-time series with TCU.
- TCU is 4-8 versus Oklahoma State in Stillwater, 7-5-2 in Fort Worth, 1-1 in a pair of meetings (1943, 1946) in Oklahoma City and 0-1 in Dallas (1945 Cotton Bowl).
- TCU has won the last two meetings with Oklahoma State, its longest winning streak versus the Cowboys since a string of three consecutive victories from 1990-92.
- TCU defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Chad Glasgow was a three-year letterman (1991-93) at linebacker for Oklahoma State. He was also a graduate assistant (1994-95) under former head coach Bob Simmons.
- TCU co-offensive coordinator and running backs coach Curtis Luper played at Oklahoma State (1984-87) before returning to Stillwater as a Cowboys’ assistant coach (2005-08).
- Oklahoma State associate head coach/receivers coach Kasey Dunn was TCU’s cornerbacks coach in 2003.
- Oklahoma State defensive analyst Chris Thurmond was a TCU defensive backs coach in 1995 as well as 1998-2000, Gary Patterson’s three seasons as the Horned Frogs’ defensive coordinator. Thurmond was also Houston’s interim head coach when it lost 20-13 to TCU in the 2007 Texas Bowl.