After so much resume comparison, debate, nail-biting, and Bubble Watching - the bids have been locked, the Bubbles have been popped, and the Committee has released the bracket. Much to our dismay, the Frogs fell on the wrong side of this year’s At-Large beauty pageant and got relegated to the NIT. Despite that disappointment, there is nothing better than March Madness and the thrill of competing against friends, co-workers, family, and random strangers on the internet to prove your superior college basketball knowledge. As office printers whirr and highlighters get uncapped for the first time in a year, it is finally the most wonderful time of the year. Everyone will fill out a bracket and every bracket will ultimately look approximately the same – you and 10 million other people will pick Duke or Kentucky or Gonzaga to win the National Championship, which is the correct and rational choice. What if there was a bracket challenge that required a bit more strategy and skill to emerge victorious?
Welcome back to the 2nd annual Frogs O’ War NCAA Tournament Survivor Pool. The objective is simple: select one winner per day of the Tournament and be the last one standing when the nets are cut down in Minneapolis. Easy enough, right? Well, the challenge is that you can only choose a team one time for the entire Tournament – once you select a team, you cannot select that team again for the remainder of the Tournament.
Last season the champion was decided during the Elite 8 as the inevitable upsets quickly narrowed the field. Also, half the entrants didn’t even get through Round 1, contributed heavily by the Horned Frogs’ early exit...so at least you don’t have to worry about that this time around, silver linings, right? What will your strategy be - Do you take the big favorites and avoid the Cinderella or save the top teams for use in later rounds?
Rules and guidelines:
- You must select one team per day, starting with the round of 64. If you are still alive, you’ll only need to pick one team during the Elite 8 round and beyond
- If the team you select wins, you advance to the next day. If your selection loses, your Cinderella run has ended.
- Entries must be submitted prior to the first game of that day. Selections for March 21 & 22 are due by March 21 at 11:15 AM Central.
- Keep track of what teams you used – if you select the same team twice, you’ll be eliminated; if you have no remaining selections available, you are eliminated.
- As the field dwindles, the entry form will include a tiebreaker to determine a winner if all remaining entries lose in the same round
- Only one entry accepted per email address. You must use the same entry name and email address throughout the tournament.
- An optional field is provided on the form for your Twitter handle so we can shout you out when you win.
Fill out the form below (or follow this link if your browser does not show the form below) with your pick for the games of March 21 & 22. We’ll keep you updated with news, results, and any other fun to be had along the way. The game is open to anyone, so share freely with everyone you know. Good luck and enjoy!