Week 4 Recap
We don’t need to go over the nightmare that went down at Amon Carter last weekend, as that’s been covered plenty here, but did come out as the fourth largest upset of the week. Elsewhere, UCLA scored 50 2nd half points to take down Washington State, Temple was still celebrating the win over Maryland and allowed Buffalo to overpower them, and UCF’s regular season unbeaten streak was broken by Pitt. Again the weekly winner hit both of the two largest upsets, cashing in on the Bruins and Bulls to move into the top ten overall leaderboard.
I got 4 out of 5 selections correct, accumulating 24 total points this week, to move into first place overall. It’s not too late to join and earn a weekly prize or make a run and knock me off the leaderboard. If you haven’t gotten in the game yet, join now.
Week 5 Picks
1. Washington State (+6) vs. Utah – One of these teams has to bounce back after losing as favorites in Week 4. It’s certainly more likely that the home team has an advantage here, but I’m enticed by the 6 points for what should be an even match up. This one opened with Utah as an 8 point favorite and has already been bet down significantly, so somebody knows something.
2. Arizona State (+5) vs. California – ASU coming off a bad upset loss and Cal ranked in the top 15 after an SEC win. I keep picking Pac 12 games because it is just tough to tell which teams are actually good or actually trash. Perhaps Cal sends the Sun Devils into the dumpster, but think it’s more likely all of these teams hover in mediocrity.
3. Marshall (+3.5) vs. Cincinnati
4. Oregon State (+4.5) vs. Stanford
5. Baylor (+3) vs. Iowa State
Those last three are simply a play on a home team getting points in what should be an even match. And yes I need to wash my eyes out with rubbing alcohol now that I have included Baylor on this list – call it a reverse jinx or an emotional hedge or, in the worst timeline, Baylor is actually good and shouldn’t be a home underdog.
This week features some huge spreads, as top teams take on some lowly competition. Will any of those giants fall or will you focus on accumulating small points from evenly-matched games? Fill out your selections in the form below or click HERE if your browser doesn’t show the form on this page. Remember to get your picks in before the start of games you select – Week 5 Schedule. Also, a reminder that you can still donate to the Stand Up to Cancer fundraiser HERE. Good luck!