TCU Women’s Soccer plays for a Big 12 title tonight in Fort Worth, taking on a legendary program in West Virginia.
The Horned Frogs have never won a conference title, but have come close: with no conference tournament and no postseason, a win tonight is the singular prize.
We will be covering the game and hope you’ll be watching; here is what you need to know to follow the Frogs.
#3 TCU Soccer (7-0-1) vs. #4 West Virginia (7-1-0)
Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Garvey-Rosenthal
TV: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
- TCU continued its climbed up the charts to No. 3 in the Coaches poll, its highest ranking in program history.
- TCU is riding a program-high seven match winning streak.
- TCU needs a win or a tie to claim its first-ever regular season conference championship.
- TCU will be facing its third top-10 team this season. The Frogs have two Top-10 road wins (No. 4 Oklahoma State, No. 8 Kansas).
- TCU is one of three undefeated teams (Florida State and North Carolina) with at least two games played.
- TCU ranks third in the nation in goals against average (0.36) and first in save percentage (.919) among schools that have played at least two games.
- TCU’s six shutouts this season are tied for third nationally.
- TCU ranks fifth in the NCAA in shots per match, averaging 16.6 per game.
- Grace Collins has scored the game-winning goal in each of the last two games.
- Olivia Hasler made her first career start at Oklahoma.
- Two of TCU’s six game-winning goals have come from defenders (Tijana Duricek at Kansas; Brandi Peterson at Oklahoma State).
- Brandi Peterson is the lone Horned Frog to have played in all 743 minutes this season.
- Emily Alvarado ranks fourth in the NCAA among goalkeepers to have played in at least 100 minutes in goals against average and third in save percentage.
- Alvarado tallied her 19th career shutout at Oklahoma, giving her the all-time record at TCU.
- The Frogs are one of 20 programs to appear in four straight NCAA Tournaments.
WEST VIRGINIA NOTABLES
- West Virginia is coming off a 2-1 win over Kansas last week.
- The Mountaineers have won five straight since suffering their only loss of the campaign. It was 2-1 double overtime loss to Oklahoma State.
- Stefany Ferrer-vanGinkel leads the Big 12 with six goals, four of which have been game-winners.
- Kayza Massey and Maddie Murphy have split the eight games in goal. Massey has started the last four games for West Virginia.
- TCU and West Virginia will be meeting for the 13th time in program history, all as league foes.
- West Virginia holds an 9-1-2 series lead, including a 2-0-1 lead in Fort Worth.
- The Mountaineers picked up a 2-0 win in their last visit to Fort Worth on Sept. 23, 2018.
- TCU’s last result in the series came when the teams played to a 1-1 draw in the 2017 Big 12 Tournament semifinals. TCU advanced on penalty kicks.
- Four of the previous 12 meetings have gone to overtime