Broadcast: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Play-By-Play: Brian Estridge
Analyst: Colin Boddicker
Online: WatchESPN.com // ESPN App
Radio: KLIF 570 AM | XM/Online: 383/973
Play-By-Play: Jeff Williams
Analyst: Mike Williams
Online: HFTV // TuneIn
In Fort Worth: TCU leads 6-0
In Prairie View: 0-0
First Meeting: TCU won 84-59 on Dec. 28, 1989
Last Meeting: TCU won 73-55 on Dec. 11, 2015
Winning Streak: TCU, W6
Dixon vs. PVAMU: First Meeting
- TCU (7-2) hosts Prairie View A&M (1-3) Wednesday at 7 p.m. on Big 12 Now on ESPN+. PVAMU replaces TCU’s originally scheduled opponent, Texas Southern.
- Schollmaier Arena’s normal capacity of 6,800 has been reduced to 1,600 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In his fifth season as TCU’s head coach, Jamie Dixon is nine wins away from 100. In his 18 years as head coach, Dixon has never had a losing season. A win Wednesday would give TCU at least eight wins through 10 games for the fifth-straight season.
- Freshman guard Mike Miles earned his second Big 12 Newcomer of the Week award of the season on Monday after scoring 26 points in his last game against North Dakota State.
- Miles has three 20-point games this season and ranks eighth in the Big 12 with 14.9 points per game. Among freshmen, his scoring average is second in the Big 12 and 10th nationally.
- Miles and junior guard RJ Nembhard forms one of the top backcourts in the Big 12. Nembhard ranks second in the Big 12 with 18.4 points, fifth with 4.9 assists and fifth in shooting at 48.6 percent from the field. Miles is second in shooting at 52.1 percent.
- Junior center Kevin Samuel is TCU’s career leader with 187 blocked shots. He leads the Big 12 and ranks 15th nationally with 2.8 blocks per game. At Oklahoma State earlier this season, Samuel had seven blocks, the most by a TCU player in 20 seasons.
- Samuel ranks second in the Big 12 and 32nd nationally with 9.8 rebounds per game. He ranks third in the Big 12 with 3.3 offensive rebounds per game.
- TCU leads the Big 12 with 4.6 blocks per game. The Frogs are second in the conference in assists with 15.8 per game.
- In Dixon’s five seasons at TCU, his teams have gone 47-9 in November and December combined.
- TCU’s 11 underclassmen is the fourth most in the country and ties with Kansas State for the most in the Big 12 Conference. Freshmen and sophomores are accounting for 53 percent of TCU’s points.
LAST TIME OUT
Freshman Mike Miles scored a season-high 26 points, the most points by a TCU freshman in 10 seasons, as TCU defeated North Dakota State, 89-82, on Dec. 30. RJ Nembhard scored 22 points and was 3-of-3 from 3-point range. TCU shot 58.6 percent from the field.
ABOUT THE OPPONENT
Prairie View A&M is 1-3 on the season and is coming off a 90-61 loss at Washington State on Dec. 21. Jeremiah Gambrell averages 10.5 points and Jawaun Daniels averages 10.3 points per game. Guard Cam Mack has played only against Washington State and scored a team-high 14 points.
TCU has won the last six meetings against Prairie View A&M, all in Fort Worth. The last meeting was a 73-55 TCU win on Dec. 11, 2015. TCU is 38-1 all-time against members of the Southwestern Athletic Conference.
TCU will resume Big 12 Conference play at Kansas State on Saturday at 1 p.m. on ESPNU.