Play-By-Play: Ted Emrich
Analyst: Tim Welsh
Online: WatchESPN.com // ESPN App
Radio: KLIF 570 AM | XM/Online: 388/978
Play-By-Play: Brian Estridge
Analyst: John Denton
Online: HFTV // TuneIn
Series: OU leads 25-4
In Fort Worth: OU leads 9-2
In Norman: OU leads 13-0
Neutral: TCU leads 1-0
First Meeting: OU won 91-34 (1919) in Norman
Last Meeting: OU won 78-76 (3/7/20) in Fort Worth
Winning Streak: OU W6 Dixon vs. OU: 2-7
- TCU (4-0) will open Big 12 Conference play when it hosts Oklahoma (1-0) at 3 p.m. in Schollmaier Arena. The game will be broadcast on ESPN2.
- Schollmaier Arena’s normal capacity of 6,800 has been reduced to 1,600 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Horned Frogs are 4-0 for the fourth time in five seasons under Jamie Dixon. TCU will look to go 5-0 for the first time since the 2017-18 season when it started 12-0.
- TCU received one vote in this week’s AP Top 25 poll. Five Big 12 Conference teams are ranked in the top 25.
- TCU leads the Big 12 and ranks 30th nationally in scoring defense (57.5) and is 22nd in defensive efficiency (88.6).
- Freshman guard Mike Miles is the reigning Big 12 Newcomer of the week after averaging 10.3 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists over his first three games. He’s averaging 9.0 points this season.
- Jamie Dixon is four games away from No. 600 for his career and 12 wins away from his 100th win at TCU. In his five seasons at TCU, his teams have gone 44-7 in November and December combined.
- Junior center Kevin Samuel has 171 career blocks and is tied with Vladimir Brodziansky and James Penny for the school record at TCU.
- Samuel’s 12.0 rebounds per game leads the Big 12 and ranks 12th in the nation.
- TCU has won 17 of its last 25 Big 12 home games. At Schollmaier Arena under Dixon, TCU is 61-18 overall and 22-15 in Big 12 games.
- TCU’s 11 underclassmen is the fourth most in the country and ties with Kansas State for the most in the Big 12 Conference. Freshmen and sophomores are accounting for 54 percent of TCU’s points.
LAST TIME OUT
RJ Nembhard scored a game-high 23 points and Kevin Samuel recorded a double-double to lead TCU to a 74-68 win over Northwestern State Thursday night. It was Samuel’s second double-double of the season as he finished with 12 points and a game-high 15 rebounds. PJ Fuller scored 13 points on 5-of-7 shooting, including three 3-pointers, off the bench.
ABOUT THE OPPONENT
Oklahoma opened the season on Thursday with a 105-66 win over UTSA. Senior Brady Manek scored 29 points on a career-high eight 3-pointers. Along with Manek, the Sooners are led by Austin Reaves, who was named Preseason All-Big 12 Conference. Lon Kruger is in his 10th season as the head coach of Oklahoma, which was picked to finish sixth in the Big 12.
Oklahoma leads the all-time series 25-4 and has won the last six. TCU’s last win in the series came in Jamie Dixon’s first year as the Frogs’ head coach when they won two of three games. The last was an 82-63 win in the first round of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship on March 8, 2017.
TCU hosts Providence in the Big 12/Big East Battle on Wednesday at 4 p.m. on ESPNU.