JAN. 12 | LLOYD NOBLE ARENA | NORMAN, OKLA. | 6:30 PM
TCU Horned Frogs (9-4, 2-3 Big 12) vs. OKLAHOMA Sooners (6-4, 2-3 Big 12)
Broadcast: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Play-By-Play: Chuckie Kempf
Analyst: Bryndon Manzer
Online: WatchESPN.com // ESPN App
Radio: AM 570 KLIF | XM/Online: 383/973
Play-By-Play: Brian Estridge
Analyst: Colin Boddicker
Online: HFTV // TuneIn
Series: OU leads 26-4
In Fort Worth: OU leads 10-2
In Norman: OU leads 13-0
Neutral: TCU leads 1-0
First Meeting: OU won 91-34 (1919) in Norman
Last Meeting: OU won 82-78 (12/6/20) in Fort Worth
Winning Streak: OU W7
Dixon vs. OU: 2-8
- TCU will try for two things this week that has never been done in program history, wins at Oklahoma and at West Virginia. The Horned Frogs and the Sooners begin at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.
- In his fifth season as TCU’s head coach, Jamie Dixon is seven wins away from 100. In his 18 years as head coach, Dixon has never had a losing season.
- Under Dixon, TCU is 31-46 in Big 12 play. Prior to Dixon, TCU was 8-64 in the Big 12 over four years.
- TCU is 2-0 on the road in conference play for the first time in 22 seasons. The Frogs went 8-0 in the WAC during the 1997-98 season.
- TCU features one of the top backcourts in the Big 12 with freshman Mike Miles and junior RJ Nembhard.
- Nembhard is tied for first in the Big 12 in scoring with 17.8 points per game and has scored in double figures in 10-straight games. Nembhard also ranks fifth in the Big 12 in shooting (47.6) and sixth in assists (4.6).
- Miles has three 20-point games this season and ranks 11th in the Big 12 in scoring (13.8). Among freshmen, his scoring average is second in the Big 12 and 14th nationally.
- Junior center Kevin Samuel is TCU’s career leader with 193 blocked shots. He leads the Big 12 and ranks 22nd nationally with 2.4 blocks per game. At Oklahoma State earlier this season, Samuel had seven blocks, the most by a TCU player in 20 seasons.
- Samuel ranks second in the Big 12 with 9.5 rebounds per game and 3.6 offensive rebounds per game. He has three double-doubles this season.
- TCU ranks third in the Big 12 in shooting (45.9), 3-point shooting (35.4), assists (14.9) and blocks per game (3.8).
- TCU’s 11 underclassmen is the fourth most in the country and ties with Kansas State for the most in the Big 12 Conference. Freshmen and sophomores are accounting for 54 percent of TCU’s points.
LAST TIME OUT
TCU could not overcome a season-high 22 turnovers in a 64-49 loss to No. 2 Baylor Saturday in Schollmaier Arena. Mike Miles scored 17 points including a 60-foot halftime heave that gave the Frogs a lead at the break. TCU’s lead of 19-15 midway through the first half was Baylor’s largest deficit of the season. The Frogs edged the Bears in the rebounding battle, 38-32.
ABOUT THE OPPONENT
Oklahoma has lost three of the past four games and went through the same stretch TCU just had with losses to Baylor and Kansas last week. The Sooners are led by Austin Reaves who ranks fourth in the Big 12 in scoring at 16.3 points per game.
Oklahoma leads the all-time series 26-4 and has won the last seven. TCU’s last win in the series came in Jamie Dixon’s first year as the Frogs’ head coach when it won two of three games. The last was an 82-63 win in the first round of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship on March 8, 2017. Four of the last six games in the series have been decided by five or fewer points. The Sooners are 13-0 against the Frogs in Norman.
TCU continues play on the road at No. 13 West Virginia Saturday at 1 p.m. on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.