JAN. 28 | ALLEN FIELDHOUSE | LAWRENCE, KAN. | 7 PM
TCU Horned Frogs (9-5, 2-4 Big 12) vs. #15 KANSAS Jayhawks (10-5, 4-4 Big 12)
Broadcast: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Play-By-Play: Ted Emrich
Analyst: Lance Blanks
Online: WatchESPN.com // ESPN App
Radio: AM 570 KLIF | XM/Online: 386/976
Play-By-Play: Brian Estridge
Analyst: John Denton
Online: HFTV // TuneIn
Series: Kansas leads 21-2
In Fort Worth: KU leads 9-1
In Lawrence: KU leads 9-0
Neutral: KU leads 3-1
First Meeting: KU won 68-64 (3/21/52) in Kansas City
Last Meeting: KU won 93-64 (1/5/21) in Fort Worth
Winning Streak: KU W7
Dixon vs. KU: 1-9
- TCU will begin a two-game road trip against Top 25 ranked opponents this week, starting with No. 15 Kansas Thursday at 7 p.m. on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.
- It’s Suits and Sneakers Week, a Coaches vs. Cancer initiative that supports the American Cancer Society’s lifesaving mission. n After a season-high five-game win streak, the Frogs have lost their last three games played. Their last three scheduled games had been postponed.
- In his fifth season as TCU’s head coach, Jamie Dixon is seven wins away from 100. In his 18th season as head coach, Dixon has never had a losing season.
- Under Dixon, TCU is 31-47 in Big 12 play. Prior to Dixon, TCU was 8-64 in the Big 12 over four years.
- TCU is 2-1 on the road this season with wins at Kansas State and Oklahoma State.
- TCU features one of the top backcourts in the Big 12 with freshman Mike Miles and junior RJ Nembhard.
- Nembhard is second in the Big 12 in scoring with 17.2 points per game and has scored in double figures in 11-straight games. Nembhard also ranks fifth in assists (4.1) and sixth in the Big 12 in shooting (46.0).
- Miles has three 20-point games this season and ranks 14th in the Big 12 in scoring (13.4). Among freshmen, his scoring average is second in the Big 12 and 13th nationally.
- Junior center Kevin Samuel is TCU’s career leader with 193 blocked shots. He leads the Big 12 and ranks 24th nationally with 2.2 blocks per game. At Oklahoma State earlier this season, Samuel had seven blocks, the most by a TCU player in 20 seasons.
- Samuel ranks second in the Big 12 with 9.3 rebounds per game and 3.7 offensive rebounds per game. He is one of seven players nationally to average nine points, nine rebounds and two blocks per game.
- TCU’s 11 underclassmen is the fourth most in the country and ties with Kansas State for the most in the Big 12 Conference. Freshmen and sophomores are accounting for 50 percent of TCU’s points.
LAST TIME OUT
TCU lost its third-straight game on Jan. 12, 82-46, at Oklahoma. RJ Nembhard led the Frogs with 10 points and Mike Miles grabbed a team and career-high nine rebounds.
ABOUT THE OPPONENT
Kansas is on a three-game losing streak, following a 75-68 loss at Oklahoma on Saturday. The Jayhawks, who are 6-1 at home, are led by Ochai Agbaji’s 14.5 points per game. Denton, Texas native Jalen Wilson is third among Big 12 freshmen with 13.2 points per game. Wilson’s father, Derale, played at TCU in the 1998-99 season.
Kansas leads the all-time series 21-2, including an 9-0 record in Lawrence. KU has won the last seven meetings. TCU’s last win in the series was when KU was ranked No. 1 in the nation, 85-82, on March 9, 2017 in the quarterfinals of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship. TCU other win in the series came on Feb. 6, 2013, a 62-55 win over No. 5 KU.
TCU plays at No. 12 Missouri in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge on Saturday at 1 p.m. on ESPNU. TCU is 4-3 in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge.