GAME 8: at Kansas State
DATE: Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021
TIME: 2:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Manhattan, Kan. (Bill Snyder Family Stadium)
SERIES RECORD: Tied, 7-7
LAST MEETING: Kansas State won, 21-14 (2020)
TV: ESPNU (Mike Couzens, Dustin Fox)
SPANISH RADIO: Zona MX 99.1 FM (Miguel Cruz, Elvis Gallegos)
ABOUT THE GAME
• TCU will be on the road for the third time in four games when it travels to Manhattan to face Kansas State on Saturday at 2:30 p.m.
• The Horned Frogs began the season with four straight home games for just the second time in program history.
• TCU Head Coach Gary Patterson is a 1983 graduate of Kansas State and a former safety and outside linebacker for the Wildcats.
• Patterson is 4-5 as a head coach versus Kansas State with all nine meetings taking place since the Horned Frogs began Big 12 play in 2012.
• TCU is 47-21 in regular-season games following a loss under Patterson.
• TCU is tied for the national lead in red-zone efficiency at 100.0 percent. TCU has scored on all 25 red zone possessions, including 18 touchdowns. The Horned Frogs are one of just three teams at 100 percent, but have the most opportunities (25).
• Zach Evans became the first Horned Frog since 2002 with four consecutive 100-yard rushing games.
• Kendre Miller (7.33) and Evans (7.28) rank second and third nationally in career yards per carry among active players.
TIES TO THE SUNFLOWER STATE
• TCU Head Coach Gary Patterson was born in Larned, Kan., and is a native of Rozel, Kan.
• Patterson went to Pawnee Heights High School and then Dodge City Community College, before heading to Kansas State.
• Since 2009, TCU is sixth nationally with 45 road wins. The Horned Frogs are 45-21 (.682) in that stretch.
• TCU’s 53-27 record (.663) in road and neutral-site games since 2009 is seventh-best nationally.
• TCU’s 35-20 mark (.636) in conference road games since 2009 is tied for 12th-best in the FBS.
• TCU is 23-20 on the road in its Big 12 history.
• TCU and Kansas State are playing for just the 15th time in their history with the series tied at 7-7.
• Since beginning Big 12 play in 2012, TCU is 4-5 versus Kansas State. The Horned Frogs are 2-2 in Manhattan and 2-3 in Fort Worth.
• Overall, TCU is 4-3 against Kansas State in Fort Worth and 3-4 in Manhattan.• Prior to TCU beginning Big 12 play in 2012, the schools had not met on the gridiron since 1986.
• The first game in the series was a 45-0 Kansas State victory in Manhattan in 1922.
• After that initial game, the schools did not play until four consecutive seasons from 1983-86.
• A 52-45 win in Manhattan in 2015 saw TCU rally from a 35-17 halftime deficit. At the time, it equaled the largest come-from-behind win (18 points) in Gary Patterson’s tenure as head coach.
• Over the last seven seasons, TCU has the Big 12’s third-best conference record (39-28) and overall mark (61-34).
• TCU is one of just seven programs nationally to finish with an Associated Press Top-10 final ranking in at least three of the last seven seasons (2014, 2015, 2017). The others are Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Penn State.
• TCU Head Coach Gary Patterson, at 21 seasons, is the nation’s second-longest tenured head coach, trailing only Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz (23rd year).
• Since Patterson’s first season as TCU’s head coach in 2001, all other FBS programs in Texas have had at least four head coaches. During that time, the Horned Frogs also have the best record (181-77, .702) in the state.
• TCU’s 34-32 win over Cal improved its record to 8-0 against Pac-12 opponents under Patterson.
All information courtesy of www.gofrogs.com.