FEB. 13 | FRANK ERWIN CENTER | AUSTIN, TEXAS | 1 PM
Broadcast: Longhorn Network
Play-By-Play: Lowell Galindo
Analyst: Lance Blanks
Online: WatchESPN.com // ESPN App
Radio: KLIF 570 AM | XM/Online: 381/971
Play-By-Play: Brian Estridge
Analyst: John Denton Online: HFTV // TuneIn
Series: Texas leads 114-68
In Fort Worth: TCU leads 45-40
In Austin: UT leads 67-22
Neutral: Texas leads 7-1
First Meeting: UT won 53-27 (1914-15) in Austin
Last Meeting: UT won 70-56 (2/19/20) in Austin
Winning Streak: UT W3
Dixon vs. UT: 6-5 (5-4 at TCU)
- TCU will play three games over five days beginning Saturday at No. 13 Texas at 1 p.m. The game will air on Longhorn Network.
- TCU has won its last two games for its first Big 12 Conference win streak of the season and longest since winning three-straight to start the 2019-20 season.
- All but one of TCU’s losses this season have come against teams with a NET ranking of 22 or better.
- In his fifth season as TCU’s head coach, Jamie Dixon is five wins away from 100. In his 18th season as head coach, Dixon has never had a losing season.
- Under Dixon, TCU is 33-48 in Big 12 play. Prior to Dixon, TCU was 8-64 in the Big 12 over four years.
- TCU is 2-2 in Big 12 road games this season with wins at Kansas State and Oklahoma State.
- TCU features one of the top backcourts in the Big 12 with freshman Mike Miles and junior RJ Nembhard, both who rank in the top 10 in the Big 12 in scoring. Baylor is the only other team with two in the top 10.
- Nembhard is third in the Big 12 in scoring with 17.1 points per game and has scored in double figures in 15-straight games. His seven 20-point games rank tied for second in the Big 12. Nembhard also ranks sixth in assists (4.2) and 11th in the Big 12 in shooting (43.2).
- Miles, who did not play in TCU’s last game due to a non-COVID related sickness, has four 20-point games this season and ranks ninth in the Big 12 in scoring (14.8). Among freshmen, his scoring average is second in the Big 12 and 13th nationally.
- Junior center Kevin Samuel is TCU’s career leader with 195 blocked shots. He leads the Big 12 with 1.8 blocks per game.
- Samuel ranks second in the Big 12 with 8.8 rebounds per game and first with 3.6 offensive rebounds per game.
- TCU is one of the youngest teams in the country with nine underclassmen. According to KenPom, the Frogs rank 319 out of 345 teams in experience with an average of 1.14 years per player.
LAST TIME OUT
TCU had four players score in double-figures and grabbed 51 rebounds, the most by the Horned Frogs in a Big 12 Conference game, en route to a 79-76 win over Iowa State Tuesday night at Schollmaier Arena. RJ Nembhard led the team with 20 points and Kevin Samuel recorded his fourth double-double of the season with 10 points and 11 rebounds. TCU outrebounded ISU by 17, 51-34, and grabbed 21 offensive boards.
ABOUT THE OPPONENT
Texas is coming off an 80-77 win at Kansas State on Tuesday. The Longhorns, who have risen to as high as No. 4 in the AP Top 25 poll, are ranked 13th. Texas is the Big 12’s top rebounding team at 39.9 per game. Junior guard leads the Longhorns in scoring with 15.8 points per game, the ninth-best mark in the Big 12.
Texas leads the all-time series 114-68 and has won the past three meetings with TCU. The Frogs are 2-2 in the last four meetings in Austin. The last meeting in the series resulted in a 70-56 win by the Longhorns in Austin on Feb. 19, 2020.
TCU hosts No. 7 Texas Tech on Monday at 8 p.m. on ESPN.