FEB. 23 | SCHOLLMAIER ARENA | FORT WORTH, TEXAS | 6 PM
Play-By-Play: Kevin Connors
Analyst: Chris Spatola
Online: WatchESPN.com // ESPN App
Radio: KLIF 570 AM | XM/Online: 375/375
Play-By-Play: Brian Estridge
Analyst: John Denton Online: HFTV // TuneIn
Series: WVU leads 14-3
In Fort Worth: WVU leads 5-3
In Morgantown: WVU leads 8-0
Neutral: WVU leads 1-0
First Meeting: WVU won 71-50, 1/23/13 at WVU
Last Meeting: TCU won 67-60 (OT), 2/22/20 at TCU
Winning Streak: TCU, W1
Dixon vs. WVU: 15-12 (3-5 at TCU)
- TCU will play No. 10 West Virginia for the first time this season when the two teams meet on Tuesday at 6 p.m. on ESPN2.
- Tuesday’s game is senior night as TCU will recognize guard Owen Aschieris prior to and throughout the game.
- All but two of TCU’s losses this season have come against teams with a NET ranking of 39 or better and are to teams currently ranked in the top 25. TCU is 10-2 in non-quadrant 1 games.
- In his fifth season as TCU’s head coach, Jamie Dixon is five wins away from 100. In his 18th season as head coach, Dixon has never had a losing season.
- Under Dixon, TCU is 33-50 in Big 12 play. Prior to Dixon, TCU was 8-64 in the Big 12 over four years.
- TCU is 2-3 in Big 12 road games this season with wins at Kansas State and Oklahoma State.
- TCU features one of the top backcourts in the Big 12 with freshman Mike Miles and junior RJ Nembhard, both who rank in the top 11 in the Big 12 in scoring.
- Nembhard is fourth in the Big 12 in scoring with 16.8 points per game and has scored in double figures in 17-straight games. His seven 20-point games rank third in the Big 12. Nembhard also ranks seventh in assists (3.9).
- Miles has four 20-point games this season, the second-most of any freshman in the Big 12. He also ranks 11th in the Big 12 in scoring (14.5). Among freshmen, his scoring average is second in the Big 12 and 10th nationally.
- Junior center Kevin Samuel is TCU’s career leader with 201 blocked shots, which ranks as the sixth most nationally among active players. His 2.0 blocks per game leads the Big 12.
- Samuel ranks second in the Big 12 with 8.5 rebounds per game and first with 3.4 offensive rebounds per game.
- TCU is one of the youngest teams in the country with nine underclassmen. According to KenPom, the Frogs rank 319 out of 345 teams in experience with an average of 1.14 years per player.
LAST TIME OUT
RJ Nembhard led the Horned Frogs in scoring for the 11th time this season with 14 points in a 62-54 loss to Kansas State on Saturday. TCU shot 87 percent (20-of-23) from the free throw line, its best in three seasons.
ABOUT THE OPPONENT
West Virginia has won its last five games including Saturday’s game at No. 12 Texas when it erased a 19-point second-half deficit to win 84-82. The Mountaineers are led by junior forward Derek Culver, who is averaging a double-double with 15.0 points and a Big 12-leading 10.1 rebounds per game. Sophomore guard Miles McBride is this week’s Big 12 Basketball Player of the Week. He ranks sixth in the Big 12 in scoring at 16.2 points per game.
West Virginia leads the all-time series 14-3, including a 5-3 advantage in Fort Worth. The three TCU wins in the series have all come in the last three seasons in Schollmaier Arena. Two of the past three meetings overall have gone to overtime. TCU won last season’s game, 67-60 (OT) to the No. 17-ranked Mountaineers.
TCU plays at Iowa State on Saturday at 5 p.m. on ESPNU.