FEB. 3 | SCHOLLMAIER ARENA | FORT WORTH, TEXAS | 8 PM
Play-By-Play: Rich Hollenberg
Analyst: Chris Spatola
Online: WatchESPN.com // ESPN App
Radio: KLIF 570 AM | XM/Online: 330/971
Play-By-Play: Brian Estridge
Analyst: John Denton Online: HFTV // TuneIn
Series: OSU leads 27-10
In Fort Worth: OSU leads 9-5
In Stillwater: OSU leads 13-3
Neutral: TCU leads 5-2
First Meeting: OSU won 48-22 (1917-18) in Fort Worth
Last Meeting: TCU won 77-76 (12/16/20) in Stillwater
Winning Streak: TCU W1
Dixon vs. OSU: 9-6
- TCU (9-7, 2-5) hosts Oklahoma State (11-4, 4-4) on Wednesday at 8 p.m. on ESPN2.
- Prior to and throughout the game, TCU will honor Dr. James Cash, who played at TCU for three seasons (1966-69) and was the first African-American to play basketball in the Southwest Conference. Cash will not be in attendance.
- After a season-high five-game win streak, the Frogs have lost their last five games played. All but one of TCU’s losses this season have come against teams currently ranked in the AP Top 25.
- In his fifth season as TCU’s head coach, Jamie Dixon is seven wins away from 100. In his 18th season as head coach, Dixon has never had a losing season.
- Under Dixon, TCU is 31-48 in Big 12 play. Prior to Dixon, TCU was 8-64 in the Big 12 over four years.
- TCU features one of the top backcourts in the Big 12 with freshman Mike Miles and junior RJ Nembhard, both who rank in the top 10 in the Big 12 in scoring. Baylor is the only other team with two in the top 10.
- Nembhard is fourth in the Big 12 in scoring with 16.6 points per game and has scored in double figures in 13-straight games. Nembhard also ranks ninth in assists (3.9) and 10th in the Big 12 in shooting (44.0).
- Miles has four 20-point games this season and ranks ninth in the Big 12 in scoring (14.9). Among freshmen, his scoring average is second in the Big 12 and 11th nationally.
- Miles (Lancaster) and Oklahoma State’s Cade Cunningham (Arlington) are North Texas natives and have been friends since third grade. Cunningham, Miles and Rondel Walker were teammates on the AAU team Texas Titans last season.
- Junior center Kevin Samuel is TCU’s career leader with 193 blocked shots. He leads the Big 12 and ranks 38th nationally with 1.9 blocks per game. At Oklahoma State earlier this season, Samuel had seven blocks, the most by a TCU player in 20 seasons.
- Samuel ranks second in the Big 12 with 8.8 rebounds per game and first with 3.6 offensive rebounds per game.
- TCU’s 11 underclassmen is the fourth most in the country and ties with Kansas State for the most in the Big 12 Conference. Freshmen and sophomores are accounting for 50 percent of TCU’s points.
LAST TIME OUT
TCU led by 12 points with under five minutes to play, but lost at No. 12 Missouri, 102-98, in overtime Saturday. Freshman Mike Miles led the team with 28 points, five rebounds and five assists. TCU shot 54.9 percent from the field and tied its season-low with eight turnovers.
ABOUT THE OPPONENT
Oklahoma State has won its last two games, including an 81-77 win against Arkansas on Saturday. The Cowboys have climbed to No. 24 in the Coaches Poll and have the most points without being ranked in the AP Poll. Freshman Cade Cunningham leads the Big 12 and ranks second nationally among freshmen in scoring at 18.2 per game.
Oklahoma State leads the all-time series 27-10. The Cowboys lead the series in Fort Worth, 9-5, but the Horned Frogs have won the last three at home. TCU has won six of the last eight meetings in the series.
TCU plays at No. 2 Baylor on Saturday at 3 p.m. on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.