FEB. 9 | SCHOLLMAIER ARENA | FORT WORTH, TEXAS | 8 PM
Play-By-Play: Jon Sciambi
Analyst: Robbie Hummel
Online: WatchESPN.com // ESPN App
Radio: KLIF 570 AM | XM/Online: 382/971
Play-By-Play: Brian Estridge
Analyst: John Denton
Online: HFTV // TuneIn
Series: Iowa State leads 12-11
In Fort Worth: ISU leads 6-4
In Ames: ISU leads 7-3
Neutral: TCU leads 2-1
First Meeting: ISU won 91-90 (12/14/74) in Ames
Last Meeting: ISU won 65-59 (2/25/20) in Ames
Winning Streak: ISU W1 Dixon vs. ISU: 9-3
- TCU (10-7, 3-5) hosts Iowa State (2-11, 0-8) on Tuesday at 8 p.m. on ESPNU.
- TCU is 10-3 this season against unranked teams.
- All but one of TCU’s losses this season have come against teams with a NET ranking of 26 or better.
- In his fifth season as TCU’s head coach, Jamie Dixon is six wins away from 100. In his 18th season as head coach, Dixon has never had a losing season.
- Under Dixon, TCU is 32-48 in Big 12 play. Prior to Dixon, TCU was 8-64 in the Big 12 over four years.
- TCU has won 18 of its last 29 Big 12 home games.
- TCU features one of the top backcourts in the Big 12 with freshman Mike Miles and junior RJ Nembhard, both who rank in the top 10 in the Big 12 in scoring. Baylor is the only other team with two in the top 10.
- Nembhard is fourth in the Big 12 in scoring with 16.9 points per game and has scored in double figures in 14-straight games. His six 20-point games rank tied for second in the Big 12. Nembhard also ranks sixth in assists (4.1) and ninth in the Big 12 in shooting (44.7).
- Miles has four 20-point games this season and ranks ninth in the Big 12 in scoring (14.8). Among freshmen, his scoring average is second in the Big 12 and 11th nationally.
- Junior center Kevin Samuel is TCU’s career leader with 195 blocked shots. He leads the Big 12 with 1.9 blocks per game.
- Samuel ranks second in the Big 12 with 8.6 rebounds per game and first with 3.4 offensive rebounds per game.
- TCU is one of the youngest teams in the country with nine underclassmen. According to KenPom, the Frogs rank 319 out of 345 teams in experience with an average of 1.14 years per player.
LAST TIME OUT
Jaedon LeDee’s game-winning fast-break layup and free throw with 2.2 seconds left lifted TCU to an 81-78 win over Oklahoma State last Wednesday. The game had 10 ties and 11 lead changes. RJ Nembhard led all players with 20 points and seven assists. TCU swept the season series with the Cowboys and projected top NBA draft pick Cade Cunningham.
ABOUT THE OPPONENT
Iowa State has lost its last seven games, five to ranked teams, including Saturday’s 79-72 loss at No. 9 Oklahoma. The Cyclones have held opponents to 30.7 percent shooting from 3-point range, the second-best in the Big 12. Iowa State ranks second in the conference in free throw percentage at 73.2 percent. The Cyclones are led by junior guard Rasir Bolton, who ranks fifth in the Big 12 at 15.9 points per game. Solomon Young’s 53.7 percent shooting is second in the Big 12.
Iowa State leads the all-time series 12-11 and won the last meeting, 65-59 last season in Ames, Iowa. Prior to the last meeting, TCU had won five-straight in the series. James Dixon is 9-3 all-time against Iowa State and has won all four meetings in Fort Worth. TCU strength and conditioning coach Andrew Mitchell played basketball and football at Iowa State before graduating in 2011.
TCU plays at No. 13 Texas on Saturday at 1 p.m. on Longhorn Network.