It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Although the TCU basketball season ended in disappointment, there is not much better than March Madness and the thrill of competing against friends, family, co-workers, and random strangers on the internet to prove your superior college basketball knowledge. It has been two years since we last got the experience of staring at a blank bracket and pondering all the possibilities before taking pen to paper and locking in your (likely soon to be destroyed) perfect picks. Everyone will fill out a bracket and every bracket will ultimately look approximately the same – you and 10 million other people will pick Gonzaga or [redacted] or Michigan to win the National Championship, which is the correct and rational choice. What if there was a bracket challenge that required a bit more strategy and skill to emerge victorious?
Welcome back to the 3rd annual Frogs O’ War NCAA Tournament Survivor Pool. The objective is simple: select one winner per day of the Tournament and be the last one standing when the nets are cut down in Indianapolis. Easy enough, right? Well, the challenge is that you can only pick each team one time for the entire Tournament – once you select a team, you cannot select that team again for the remainder of the Tournament.
In 2018 the champion was crowned during the Elite 8 as early upsets quickly narrowed the field. In 2019 the trophy was earned in the Final 4 on tiebreakers. Will the 2021 Tournament be filled with Cinderella stories or will the best teams roll through the field? What will your strategy be – take the big favorites and avoid any shocking upset or save those top seeds for later rounds?
Rules and guidelines:
- You must select one team per day, starting with the round of 64. If you are still alive, you’ll only need to pick one team during the Elite 8 round and beyond
- If the team you select wins, you advance to the next day. If your selection loses, your Cinderella run has ended.
- Entries must be submitted prior to the first game of that day. Selections for March 19 & 20 are due by March 19 at 11:15 AM Central.
- If you select a team that is removed from the field due to COVID protocols ahead of its game, you will be contacted and given opportunity to select an alternate.
- Keep track of what teams you used – if you select the same team twice, you’ll be eliminated; if you have no remaining selections available, you are eliminated.
- As the field dwindles, the entry form will include a tiebreaker to determine a winner if all remaining entries lose in the same round
- Only one entry accepted per email address. You must use the same entry name and email address throughout the tournament.
- An optional field is provided on the form for your Twitter handle, so we can shout you out when you win.
Fill out the form below (or follow this link if your browser does not show the form below) with your pick for the games of March 19 & 20. We’ll keep you updated with news, results, and any other fun to be had along the way. The game is open to anyone, so share freely with everyone you know. If you have any questions, leave a comment or reach out on Twitter: @FrogsOWar or @north_anthony. Good luck and enjoy!