MARCH 2 | UNITED SUPERMARKETS ARENA | LUBBOCK, TEXAS | 6 PM
TCU Horned Frogs (12-10, 5-8 Big 12) at #18 TEXAS TECH Red Raiders (15-8, 7-7 Big 12)
Broadcast: Big 12 Now on ESPN+
Play-By-Play: Chuckie Kempf
Analyst: Tim Welsh
Online: WatchESPN.com // ESPN App
Radio: KLIF 570 AM | XM/Online: 382/972
Play-By-Play: Brian Estridge
Analyst: John Denton Online: HFTV // TuneIn
Series: Texas Tech leads 84-52
In Fort Worth: TT leads 33-32
In Lubbock: TT leads 48-16
Neutral: Tied 3-3
First Meeting: TCU won 30-19 (1/23/32) in Fort Worth
Last Meeting: TT won 88-42 (2/10/20) in Lubbock
Winning Streak: TT W1
Dixon vs. TT: 4-6
- TCU (12-10, 5-8) begins its stretch of three games in six days on Tuesday at No. 18 Texas Tech (15-8, 7-7). The game begins at 6 p.m. and will be shown on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.
- All but three of TCU’s losses this season have come against teams with a NET ranking of 33 or better and are to teams currently ranked in the top 25. TCU is 11-2 in non-quadrant 1 games.
- In his fifth season as TCU’s head coach, Jamie Dixon is four wins away from 100. In his 18th season as head coach, Dixon has never had a losing season.
- Under Dixon, TCU is 34-51 in Big 12 play. Prior to Dixon, TCU was 8-64 in the Big 12 over four years.
- TCU is 3-3 in Big 12 road games this season with wins at Iowa State, Kansas State and Oklahoma State. It ties with the 2017-18 team for the most road wins by TCU in the Big 12. TCU last had four conference road wins when it went 8-0 in the WAC in the 1997-98 season.
- TCU features one of the top backcourts in the Big 12 with freshman Mike Miles and junior RJ Nembhard, both who rank in the top 12 in the Big 12 in scoring.
- Nembhard is third in the Big 12 in scoring with 16.9 points per game and has scored in double figures in 19-straight games, the most by a TCU player in three seasons. His seven 20-point games rank third in the Big 12. Nembhard also ranks sixth in assists (4.1).
- Miles has four 20-point games this season, the second-most of any freshman in the Big 12. He also ranks 11th in the Big 12 in scoring (14.3). Among freshmen, his scoring average is second in the Big 12 and 11th nationally.
- Junior center Kevin Samuel is TCU’s career leader with 202 blocked shots, which ranks as the sixth most nationally among active players. His 1.8 blocks per game leads the Big 12.
- Samuel ranks third in the Big 12 with 8.4 rebounds per game and first with 3.2 offensive rebounds per game.
- TCU is one of the youngest teams in the country with nine underclassmen. According to KenPom, the Frogs rank 319 out of 345 teams in experience with an average of 1.14 years per player.
LAST TIME OUT
TCU used a balanced offensive attack and perfect free throw shooting to secure a 76-72 win at Iowa State on Saturday. Mike Miles and RJ Nembhard each had 19 points and TCU was 18-of-18 from the free throw line.
ABOUT THE OPPONENT
Texas Tech is coming off a 68-59 win over No. 14 Texas on Saturday. The Red Raiders, who are 9-4 at home, are led by Mac McClung’s 16.8 points per game which ranks fourth in the Big 12. Tech boasts the conference’s best defense allowing 63.2 points per game, good for 28th in the nation.
Texas Tech leads the all-time series 84-52 and has won five of the last six meetings with TCU. The Horned Frogs won last season’s meeting in Fort Worth, 65-54, when the Red Raiders were ranked No. 18 in the country.
TCU will play at No. 6 West Virginia on Thursday before hosting No. 15 Texas on Sunday. Both games are at 6 p.m. on Big 12 Now on ESPN+.