It’s Week Seven in college football as conference races are taking shape and the national picture is clearing up as the season works towards its second half. Our staff gives predictions for the biggest games of the weekend
West Virginia Mountaineers at Houston Cougars - Thurs. Oct. 12, 6:00 PM, FS1
- Anthony: While Houston has not shown anything to suggest it is better than WVU, and CJ Donaldson may run for 200 yards, I just have a hunch Dana will find a way to take this game for the Cougars.
- Austin: West Virginia takes this one. The Mountaineers will continue to surprise everyone in the Big 12.
- Drew: I think West Virginia stays hot and wins an ugly game on the road.
- Miles: West Virginia takes advantage of Houston’s terrible run defense and gets yet another win.
- Russ: The Mountaineers take down Dana Holgorsen in Texas.
Iowa State Cyclones at Cincinnati Bearcats - Sat. Oct. 14, 11:00 AM, FS1
- Anthony: It’s the week of new members taking down legacy members (except for the one in Fort Worth). Cinci rolls and TCU’s bad losses continue to look worse.
- Austin: I’m going with Cincinnati at home.
- Drew: I’ll take the Cyclones here in a close one.
- Miles: Cincinnati in a close one!
- Russ: The Bearcats find a way to win a tough home game.
Kansas Jayhawks at Oklahoma State Cowboys - Sat. Oct. 14, 2:30 PM, FS1
- Anthony: I’m done doubting the Jayhawks, even with Jason Bean at the helm rather than Jalon Daniels, Kansas is able to steal one in Stillwater.
- Austin: Although the Cowboys have looked improved in recent weeks, I’m taking the Jayhawks.
- Drew: I think the win over Kansas State by the Cowboys was more a product of weird things happening in weekday night games. Give me Kansas pretty easily.
- Miles: The Cowboys are hungover after the big win over K State and drop this one to the Jayhawks.
- Russ: Oklahoma State as an underdog at home is tough. I’ll take the Cowboys.
Kansas State Wildcats at Texas Tech Red Raiders - Sat. Oct. 14, 6:00 PM, FS1
- Anthony: Texas Tech is rounding into form, but Will Howard cannot possibly play as poorly as he did last week. K-State no longer needs to look-ahead to a marquee matchup with TCU next week and books the win in Lubbock
- Austin: The Wildcats have disappointed, but I still have some faith in Kansas State. I’m going with Wildcats to take down the Red Raiders in Lubbock.
- Drew: I think Will Howard has a major bounce back game and hands Texas Tech another loss.
- Miles: I’ll take the Raiders at home in this one.
- Russ: The Wildcats bounce back from a tough loss against Oklahoma State.
Top National Games
- Anthony: UW got its clunker out of the way in Tucson before the bye week and delivers a signature win as this offense continues to deliver video game results.
- Austin: My favorite matchup of the week. Two explosive teams square off with playoff implications on the line. I got the Ducks in a close one.
- Drew: I want to pick Washington here because I think they are the more exciting team with Penix Jr. and Rome Odunze, but I think Oregon is just too physical and Dan Lanning puts together enough stops to get the win on the road.
- Miles: Oregon shows they’re the best in the PAC-12
- Russ: Fascinating matchup. I’ll go with the Huskies at home.
- Anthony: Aside from a terrible performance in the Swamp and the loss of Bru McCoy to injury, the UT offense is putting up big numbers while the Aggies are recovering from the Alabama body blows. Vols win to set up its own headline matchup with the Tide next week.
- Austin: Tennessee. I have a tough time trusting A&M in any matchup.
- Drew: I have a hard time seeing the Vols lose at home even with Max Johnson looking solid the last few weeks. Give me Tennessee over the Aggies.
- Miles: Unless Joe Milton plays the game of his life the Aggies win this one.
- Russ: Give me the Volunteers against the Aggies.
- Anthony: Can’t wait for this conference to lose divisions. The Iowa points thing is played out at this point and ready for someone to put us out of our misery from having to listen about this team at the national level. Badgers win big in Madison.
- Austin: Let’s go Wisconsin at home. The injury to McNamara is going hurt the Hawkeyes.
- Drew: Braelon Allen runs wild and leads the Badgers to a win at home
- Miles: Wisconsin wins the B1G West this week.
- Russ: The Hawkeyes are historically bad on offense. Badgers with the easy win.
Wyoming Cowboys at Air Force Falcons - Sat. Oct. 14, 6:00 PM, CBS Sports Net
- Anthony: The Wyoming run of fun comes to an end as Air Force dominates the day at home.
- Austin: Wyoming continues to surprise everyone who picks against them.
- Drew: Give me the Falcons at home here.
- Miles: Air Force shows they’re the best Group of 5 team in the country.
- Russ: I’ll go with the Falcons to remain undefeated.
USC Trojans at Notre Dame Fighting Irish - Sat. Oct. 14,6:30 PM, NBC
- Anthony: Caleb Williams and USC finds a way to score enough on the road, with its personal boogeyman Utah on deck for next week. Trojans win.
- Austin: USC may not be the dominant force I expected them to be, but still give me the Trojans.
- Drew: I keep picking Notre Dame and I continue to be wrong. Give me Caleb Williams and the Trojans here.
- Miles: I don’t trust the Notre Dame offense to get the job done. They’ve gotten worse every week. Trojans get a big win.
- Russ: The Trojans’ lack of defense hurts in a loss to the Irish.
- Anthony: How much can it hurt the psyche going forward to lose the way Miami did last week? Maybe Mario can rally the troops and Tyler Van Dyke can outduel Drake Maye to get the Hurricanes back into the hunt for an ACC Championship.
- Austin: North Carolina all the way. We know the offense is prolific, but the defense has also came to play as of late.
- Drew: I think Drake Maye has a highlight reel filling game in this one. I’ll take the Tar Heels especially with Tez Walker being cleared to play last week.
- Miles: This is the week we find out if the Tar Heels are for real. They haven’t let me down yet this year, so I’ll take them again!
- Russ: Drake Maye dazzles and the Tar Heels roll over the Hurricanes.
- Anthony: I continue to think Mizzou is not terribly good and has “gotten away with it” to earn a gaudy record, while Kentucky has smashed everyone not named Georgia. Wildcats win and Barion Brown outshines Luther Burden
- Austin: Toughest choice for me. Let’s go Kentucky, bounce back win for the Wildcats.
- Drew: I’ll take Missouri in here. Luther Burden is a stud and I don’t have a ton of faith in the Kentucky offense to keep up.
- Miles: Kentucky wins a close one.
- Russ: Kentucky gets the home win in SEC play.
UCLA Bruins at Oregon State Beavers - Sat. Oct. 14, 7:00 PM, FOX
- Anthony: Bruins continue to impress and hand another L to a team it sent into the abyss by joining the B1G.
- Austin: Oregon State takes this one at home.
- Drew: The UCLA defense holding Washington state under 20 points last week was very impressive. I think the Bruins get a big win on the road.
- Miles: The UCLA defense earns the Bruins a big road win!
- Russ: DJ Uiagalelei plays well and the Beavers win.
Frogs O’ War Pick ‘Em Leaderboard
You can get in on the action for Week Seven HERE
Overall Season Win %
- Drew: 73%
- Russ: 63%
- Miles: 62%
- Anthony: 56%
- Austin: 49%