TCU Basketball continues to roll up emphatic wins over overmatched opponents, defeating UT Rio Grande Valley & Mississippi Valley State each by 30+ points last week. However the voters of the AP Poll continue to remain mostly unimpressed by the effort, given the low level of competition the Horned Frogs have played thus far. The Week 3 AP Poll was released on Monday and TCU remained outside of the Top 25.
The Horned Frogs held steady at 31st overall, while increasing its vote total from 34 points up to a nice 69 voting points. TCU appeared on 14 of the 62 ballots, ranking as high as 15th overall. The Frogs have fallen a bit further from the Top 25, trailing #25 Mississippi State by 94 points. The Horned Frogs will only have one game during the Thanksgiving holiday week, welcoming the Alcorn State Braves to Schollmaier Arena on Tuesday November 21 at 7:00 PM and broadcast on ESPN+.
Big 12 Votes
- #1 Kansas Jayhawks - Just one game for the nation’s top team last week, but it was a big one as KU took down the Kentucky Wildcats in Chicago in the Champions Classic. Kansas is in Hawaii this week for the Maui Invitational, opening the tournament Monday night vs. Chaminade
- #6 Houston Cougars - UH had a very busy week, earning four wins in the last seven days, taking down Stetson, Towson, Utah, and Dayton to take home the Shriner’s Children’s Charleston Classic Championship. The Cougs take on Montana on Friday afternoon.
- #13 Baylor Bears - BU had a light week, cruising to victory over Kansas City. The Bears are in Brooklyn, NY for the NIT Season Tip-Off, opening with Oregon State on Wednesday night.
- #15 Texas Longhorns - Whoo buddy, the Longhorns were close to suffering one of the worst losses of the year, but a Max Abmas buzzer beater saved UT with an 81-80 win over Louisville. The ‘Horns are in Madison Square Garden this week for the Saatva Empire Classic, opening tonight vs. defending National Champion #5 Connecticut.
- #27 BYU Cougars - It was an easy week for the BYU, earning two home wins by 40+ points over SE Louisiana and Morgan State. The Cougars will be in Las Vegas for Thanksgiving, taking on Arizona State on Thursday late night.
- #31 TCU Horned Frogs - It’ll be at least another week before TCU is less than a 20-point favorite, with Alcorn State this week and then Houston Christian next Monday before the first road game in Washington DC vs. Georgetown on December 2.
- #32 Iowa State Cyclones - ISU demolished Grambling 92-37 last week and will get a nice test on Thanksgiving afternoon vs. VCU in Kissimmee, FL for the ESPN Events Invitational
- #26 Oklahoma Sooners - OU picked up wins over Texas State & UTRGV to get noticed by voters. The Sooners get the Iowa Hawkeyes on Thanksgiving afternoon from San Diego, CA in the Rady Children’s Invitational.