Texas Tech Red Raiders at Texas Longhorns - Fri. Nov. 24, 6:30 PM, ABC
- Anthony: Even if Tahj Brooks runs wild and Behren Morton looks like Patrick Mahomes and Quinn Ewers looks like Garrett Gilbert, it won’t matter. Texas is winning this game and will win the conference and be in the Playoff.
- Austin: Texas wins to clinch an appearance in the Big 12 Championship.
- Drew: Texas Tech would be winning would be hilarious but I can’t see UT losing this game.
- Miles: As much as I’d love to see the Red Raiders win, I don’t see Texas dropping this at home with what they have on the line.
- Russ: The Longhorns make their Big 12 title claim with a win here.
Houston Cougars at UCF Knights - Sat. Nov. 25, 11:00 AM, FS1
- Anthony: John Rhys Plumlee with 500 total yards and RJ Harvey runs for 4 TDs as the Knights get to bowl eligibility in first season in the Big 12. Depending on transfers & coach movement in the conference, I’d expect UCF to be projected top 5 in the league next season.
- Austin: Give me UCF in this battle. The Knights look like the best new Big 12 team and assert their dominance here.
- Drew: I’ll take the Golden Knights here behind a strong game from John Rhys Plumlee.
- Miles: This one feels like a toss up to me.
- Russ: I think the Golden Knights bounce back from a tough loss here.
BYU Cougars at Oklahoma State Cowboys - Sat. Nov. 25, 2:30 PM, ABC
- Anthony: I would be shocked if Ollie Gordon has under 200 yards in this one. OK State still with everything to play for and runs away from BYU, likely becoming the last hope for a Hateful 8 conference champion.
- Austin: Oklahoma State wins this one. Even though BYU put up a fight a week ago, the
- Cougars are outmatched.
- Drew: Oklahoma State rolls at home to keep their biggest rival out of the Big 12 Championship game. BYU on the road is a much worse team than BYU on the road.
- Miles: Oklahoma State finds their way into the Big 12 title game with a win!
- Russ: Mike Gundy’s crew clinches a Big 12 title game bid with a win here.
- Anthony: It’s 1-2-3 Cancun for the Bears. Baylor has given up with a capital Q. Dave Aranda’s press conferences are so somber, like a eulogy for his coaching career. WVU wins.
- Austin: I have to go with the Mountaineers here. The Bears look like they’ve waived the white flag. Onto basketball in Waco.
- Drew: Dave Aranda is firmly on the hot seat and I don’t see that changing here. Give me the Mountaineers on the road.
- Miles: I don’t see a single reason to pick Baylor to win a football game. Mountaineers.
- Russ: Baylor’s abysmal season continues as the Mountaineers pick up a win on the road.
Kansas Jayhawks at Cincinnati Bearcats - Sat. Nov. 25, 6:30 PM ESPN2
- Anthony: While this one may be the most likely upset spot in the conference this week, and perhaps Leipold has been interviewing instead of game planning, but I can’t see KU dropping this one, especially if Jason Bean returns. Jayhawks win.
- Austin: Despite the loss a week ago, I actually feel better about the Jayhawks if they go into this game without Jason Bean. I’m going Kansas.
- Drew: The Jayhawks have been consistently good this year regardless of who is playing quarterback and I can’t see that changing against a bad Cincinatti team. Give me Kansas.
- Miles: Kansas gets to win number 8 in an impressive turnaround from Lance Leipold and his staff. Will the Jayhawks be able to keep him in Lawrence?
- Russ: The Jayhawks found a way to hang with Kansas State with a third-string quarterback. They’ll find a way to win this one against Cincinnati.
- Anthony: I really really want to pick an upset here, and I would if this game was being played in Ames. There is still a path to the Big 12 Championship for both of these teams, even a scenario where all the dominoes fall such that this game becomes a play-in for Arlington. However, K-State is much better and will stay unbeaten in Manhattan this season. Wildcats win.
- Austin: I have Kansas State winning this affair. Both teams are extremely resilient, it comes down to talent in this matchup.
- Drew: Kansas State wins in a close game. I think Will Howard throws a couple picks, keeping Iowa State in the game.
- Miles: Kansas State wins this one. And probably big.
- Russ: I suspect this will be a close contest, but I have Kansas State winning.
Top National Games
Ole Miss Rebels at Mississippi State Bulldogs - Thurs. Nov. 23, 6:30 PM, ESPN
- Anthony: Something wild will certainly happen, as it always does in the Egg Bowl, but it won’t result in a Bulldog win in Starkville on Thanksgiving. Ole Miss keeps its NY6 hopes afloat.
- Austin: I don’t have much faith in Ole Miss, nevertheless I have less faith in the Bulldogs. Ole Miss wins by a lot.
- Drew: The Egg Bowl is always weird and I think this game is close in Starkville but Ole Miss has too much talent to lose this game.
- Miles: The Rebels get to 10-2!
- Russ: Ole Miss emerges victorious in this year’s version of the Egg Bowl.
UTSA Roadrunners at Tulane Green Wave - Fri. Nov. 24, 2:30 PM, CBS Sports Net
- Anthony: Both undefeated in conference play, the winner goes to the AAC Title, while the loser needs an SMU loss to Navy to have a shot. This is the toughest game to pick this week for me. UTSA will pass for a ton and Tulane will rush for a ton in this one. I’ll pick Tulane because I think the roster is better overall, but I expect this to be one of the best games of the weekend.
- Austin: I’m going UTSA here. If not for a difficult non-conference schedule, the Roadrunners may also be 10-1. Tulane’s victories have been too close for comfort as of late.
- Drew: I’ll take the Road Runners in this one. Jeff Traylor might be gone this offseason but I think he gets UTSA another win here on the road.
- Russ: Tulane is the best G5 program in college football. They win over UTSA.
- Anthony: Oregon ends up running away with this one. The Beavers have battled valiantly in its final season as a Power conference team, but the Ducks’ Playoff push continues.
- Austin: Oregon. This Ducks squad is dominant. The offense, defense, every facet of the game.
- Drew: Oregon State has been fun this season but Oregon wins this game at home to get to a very fun Pac-12 Championship game with just one loss.
- Miles: Oregon punches their ticket to the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Russ: Bo Nix keeps his Heisman chances alive with a big game as the Ducks win.
- Anthony: *Whispers* in the two games since Connor Stallions was fired/resigned, J.J. McCarthy is 19-31 for 201 yards, 0 touchdowns, 1 interception, and 2 sacks. Maybe knowing exactly when and from where your opponent will be blitzing is a competitive advantage, contributing to success over the last few seasons. Ohio State wins and one-loss Michigan is left out of the Playoff because it played a mid-tier G5-level schedule.
- Austin: Perhaps the toughest game to pick all season. It’s truly a toss-up, I have no idea how each offense will perform. Go Big Blue.
- Drew: Picking the road team in The Game is always tough but I can’t see the Buckeyes losing three in a row to the Wolverines. Marvin Harrison Jr. goes off and carries Ohio State to a win.
- Miles: Toss up to me. I’ll take the Wolverines in Ann Arbor. Go Blue.
- Russ: I REALLY want both of these teams to lose. Since I have to pick one, though, I’ll take Ohio State.
- Anthony: Cardinals have already clinched a spot in the ACC Title game and may already be looking ahead to Florida State, with an outside shot of getting to the CFP. Mark Stoops and the Wildcats end that notion. UK QB Devin Leary has thrown for 560 yards and 6 TDs with just 1 INT in his two previous games vs. Louisville, he and Ray Davis overpower the Cards.
- Austin: The Wildcats looked like a formidable squad earlier this season, but have since faltered. Partly due to a gauntlet of a schedule. However, Louisville surprised me last week and I’m hanging my hat on the Cardinals successes.
- Drew: I have to stop doubting the Cardinals and I think they beat the Wildcats here at home in what should be a sneaky fun rivalry game.
- Miles: Louisville moves to 11-1 as they head to the ACC Championship!
- Russ: I think Kentucky hangs tough, but the Cardinals win to stay in the top 10.
Florida State Seminoles at Florida Gators - Sat. Nov. 25, 6:00 PM, ESPN
- Anthony: Both starting QBs suffered injuries last week to take some of the shine off this game, but Tate Rodemaker has been around for a long time in Tallahassee and should keep FSU’s undefeated season alive.
- Austin: Don’t injuries just suck? If Jordan Travis were to play, FSU would be the obvious choice. I’m going with the less obvious choice in the Travis-less Seminoles.
- Drew: I’ll take the upset here. I think Jordan Travis was a huge part of FSU’s success and going on the road to the Swamp with a new quarterback feels like a recipe for disaster. Give me the Gators.
- Miles: I won’t be surprised at all if Florida State loses this game, but I’m going to take the Noles to move to 12-0.
- Russ: Even without Jordan Travis, I think FSU finds a way to win over the Gators.
Frogs O’ War Pick ‘Em Leaderboard
You can get in on the action for Week Thirteen HERE
Overall Season Win %
- Drew: 67%
- Russ: 67%
- Anthony: 61%
- Austin: 61%
- Miles: 60%