TCU Basketball earned another dominant win over a sub-275 KenPom team, defeating Alcorn State 93-74 on Tuesday, its only game of the week. The Horned Frogs continue to hold steady outside the Top 25 as the Week 4 AP Poll was released on Monday and TCU received votes, but not enough to break across that threshold.
TCU moved up one spot to 30th overall, but reduced it voting points total from 69 to 66 points. TCU did shrink the gap below the Top 25, as the Frogs are just 54 points behind Oklahoma at No. 25. The Horned Frogs will look to continue its undefeated season on Monday night vs. Houston Christian and then the season’s first road game and first power conference opponent as the Frogs travel to Washington DC to face the Georgetown Hoyas on Saturday December 2 in the Big East-Big 12 Battle.
Big 12 Votes
- #5 Kansas Jayhawks: Rock Chalk dropped its first game of the season to Marquette in the Maui Invitational Semis, but bounced back with a nice 69-60 victory over Tennessee. Jayhawks get a tune-up vs. Eastern Illinois before hosting defending champs UConn on Friday.
- #6 Houston Cougars: UH had just a simple 35-point win over Montana last week and will rest up for a showdown at Cintas Center vs. Xavier on Friday night.
- #9 Baylor Bears: BU took home the NIT Season Tip Off crown, defeating Oregon State & Florida in Brooklyn last week. Baylor gets a very light load this week with two games against sub-250 KenPom squads Nicholls & Northwestern State.
- #16 Texas Longhorns: UT dropped it’s first game of the season, a 10-point loss to UConn on Monday before a drubbing of Wyoming at home. The ‘Horns get Texas State in Austin as its lone game this week.
- #19 BYU Cougars: BYU earns the Vegas Showdown trophy with victories over Arizona State and NC State. The Cougars hot Fresno State in Provo on Friday.
- #25 Oklahoma Sooners: OU with two big time wins to bring home the Rady Children’s Invitational trophy, defeating Iowa and previously ranked USC in San Diego. Sooners get Arkansas Pine Bluff on Thursday.
- #30 TCU Horned Frogs: TCU currently with the very worst strength of schedule in all of Division I, per KenPom, which won’t get too much better with #358 Houston Christian tonight and #171 Georgetown on Saturday.
- #37 Iowa State Cyclones: ISU went 0-2 in the ESPN Events Invitational in Kissimmee, FL, losing to Virginia Tech and Texas A&M. Next up is a road trip to Chicago for the struggling DePaul Blue Demons.
- #46 Cincinnati Bearcats: Continuing its undefeated streak, Cinci knocked off Georgia Tech by 35 points on Wednesday. This week the Bearcats face Howard and Florida Gulf Coast.
- #47 Kansas State Wildcats: EMAW’s only game last week was a walkover win vs. Central Arkansas. ‘Cats get another straightforward week with home contests vs. Oral Roberts & North Alabama.