Original Content Via GoFrogs.com
TCU NOTABLES• TCU stretched its winning steak to five straight with a 7-1 win at Dallas Baptist on Tuesday night.
• TCU moved into a tie for third in the Big 12 standings after sweeping West Virginia last weekend.
• Preston Morrison (Pitcher) and Derek Odell (Player) earned Big 12 weekly honors.
• Morrison tossed his second career one-hitter and the 19th in school history.
• Odell boasts a seven game hitting streak, including two-or-more hits in five straight. He is hitting .640 during the streak.
• TCU improved to 10-0 when scoring six or more runs in a game.
• Boomer White raised his average to .377 on the season, ranking second in the Big 12.
• Brandon Finnegan is one of just two pitchers nationally with 80 strikeouts (Cal Poly's Matt Imhof has 81).
• The TCU pitching staff has allowed just five runs on 16 hits over the last four games played.
• TCU has issued the fewest walks in the Big 12 (77)and struck out the most batters (295).
KANSAS NOTABLES• Kansas enters the weekend on a two-game losing streak after getting swept at Iowa in a midweek series.
• Kansas has played eight home games this year.
• The Jayhawks have a 5-4 Big 12 record that includes series wins at Texas and at Kansas State.
• Kansas' .293 team batting average ranks third in the Big 12, while their 14 home runs on the season are tied for third.
• Connor McKay leads all Big 12 hitters with 35 RBIs and is tied for first with six home runs this season.
• On the mound, Drew Morovick paces the league with six victories in 11 appearances.
• As a staff, the Jayhawks have a 3.58 ERA, while Frank Duncan leads the league with 62 1/3 innings pitched.
SERIES NOTABLES• TCU and Kansas are meeting on the diamond for the 11th time in school history.
• The series is tied 5-5 after Kansas took three of four meetings a year ago.
• TCU won the first game of 2013, but Kansas rebounded and has a three-game winning streak in the series.
• Kansas was TCU's first-ever game played as members of the Big 12.
• TCU and Kansas opened the 2011 season with a series at Lupton Stadium.
• TCU has never played Kansas in Lawrence.
• The Jayhawks have shutout TCU for 26 1/3 innings, spanning the last two-plus games played.
ROAD NOTABLES• Despite playing 12 games away from Lupton Stadium this season, TCU will be playing only its ninth true road game of the season on Friday.
• TCU will play 17 road games this season and six games at a neutral site.
• TCU holds a record of 149-97 in road games under head coach Jim Schlossnagle.
• TCU is 7-6 away from Lupton Stadium this season, including 4-4 in road games.
ON A TEARDerek Odell is in the midst of a seven game hitting streak that has seen him raise his batting average 93 points from .253 to .346. The junior is hitting .640 (16-for-25) with 10 runs scored during the streak with six multi-hit games.
Even more impressive is his .719 on-base percentage during the streak. He reached base in 23-of-33 plate appearances.
THE FLIP TO APRILTCU is off to a 5-0 start in the month of April. The Horned Frogs are no strangers to heating up at the right time as they boast a 137-45 record in the month of April under the guidance of head coach Jim Schlossnagle.
In five games this month, the Horned Frogs have seen their batting average climb from .270 to .278. The Frogs have tallied 10 or more hits in all five games.
On the mound, the staff has lowered its ERA from 2.98 to 2.77. They have been touched for just 11 runs in 45 innings. Opponents are hitting just .174 this month.
MOWING THEM DOWNThe TCU pitching staff leads the league and is third in the nation with 295 strikeouts. Additionally, the 77 walks issued are tied for the fewest in the Big 12.
The Horned Frogs boast a 3.8 K:BB ratio, a mark that is third in the NCAA, while their 9.2 K/9 innings is third.
Fifteen times this season, the Horned Frog pitching staff has struck out 10 or more batters in a game. On four occasions, the staff has totaled 15 strikeouts.
ON THE ROAD AGAINThe Horned Frogs are in the midst of playing eight of their next nine games away from Lupton Stadium. TCU is 4-4 in true road games this season.
They have outscored their opponent 39-37 away from home and are hitting .268 with nine doubles and two home runs.
Derek Odell is TCU's best hitter away from home with a .483 average. He leads the squad with 14 hits, nine runs scored and seven RBIs.
The pitching staff has posted a 3.80 ERA with 64 strikeouts. Opponents are hitting .271 against the group.
Jordan Kipper has made three starts as part of four appearances on the road. He is 2-1 with a 3.98 ERA.
Defensively, the group has a .965 fielding percentage with 11 errors.
A BLANKINGTCU notched its sixth shutout of the season on Saturday. The Frogs are tied with Texas for the most shutouts in the Big 12.
In 2012, TCU registered six shutouts in 57 games. The most shutouts registered by TCU under Jim Schlossnagle is eight in 2005. The school record for shutouts in a season is nine set in 1975.