OC via GoFrogs.com
TCU NOTABLES• TCU saw its seven game winning streak come to an end with a 5-1 loss to Kansas in game two of a Saturday doubleheader.
• TCU has won seven of eight games played in the month of April, including five of six league games to move up to third in the conference standings.
• The Horned Frogs have played errorless baseball in four straight games.
• Kevin Cron collected his first-career multi-home run game on Friday. He leads the team with four.
• Boomer White leads the Big 12 with a .379 batting average.
• Derek Odell has a 10-game hitting streak. During the streak, he has raised his average 92 points.
• Cody Jones continues to lead the league with 16 stolen bases.
• TCU ranks second in the Big 12 with a 2.77 ERA, while it is the only school with 300 strikeouts (318).
• Brandon Finnegan is tied for the league-lead with six wins and he paces the league by a wide margin with 84 strikeouts.
• Riley Ferrell tallied two saves this past weekend and now has six on the year.
HOUSTON BAPTIST NOTABLES• The Huskies dropped two of three to Texas A&M-Corpus Christi this past weekend.
• Houston Baptist is just 2-6 in its last eight games.
• The Huskies went 2-2 last week with a midweek victory over UT Arlington.
• Houston Baptist has a 5-9 record away from home this season.
• Offensively, the Huskies are hitting .291 as a team, led by Jordan McCoy's .352 batting average.
• McCoy and Bradley Brown each have two home runs this season.
• Thomas Clay has 10 of HBU's 29 stolen bases on the season.
• On the mound, the Huskies have a 4.33 ERA and are allowing opponents to hit .283 against them.
• Dylan Zarosky has made a team-high 11 appearances. He has two saves and is 2-0.
• Defensively, the Huskies have committed 53 errors which have led to 36 unearned runs.
SERIES NOTABLES• TCU and Houston Baptist will be meeting for just the fourth time on the diamond.
• TCU hosted the Huskies in a three-game series March 11-13 2011.
• The Horned Frogs won the opener (7-1) and the series finale (6-1), while the Huskies took game two (7-4).
TURNING THE PAGESince the calendar flipped to April, the Horned Frogs have been on a tear to the tune of a 7-1 record. Included in that total is a 5-1 record in conference play. The Frogs have climbed all the way up to third in the Big 12 standings.
The Horned Frogs are no strangers to heating up at the right time as they boast a 139-46 record in the month of April under the guidance of head coach Jim Schlossnagle.
OFFENSIVE SURGESince entering the month of April, the Horned Frogs are hitting .325 as a team. The Frogs entered the month hitting .265 as a team. They have raised that to .279 over the course of the last eight games.
In six of the eight games, TCU has notched 10 or more hits. Five of TCU's nine total home runs on the year have come this month.
Derek Odell is the hottest hitter on the team with a .533 (16-for-30) average. Boomer White is hitting .424 and leads the team with nine RBIs. Three of Kevin Cron's four home runs this season have come in the last eight games.
DEFENSIVE PROWESSTCU is in the midst of a four-game errorless streak. Even more impressive is that the Horned Frogs have committed just one error in their last six games played. The Frogs own a .996 fielding percentage over that stretch.
TCU has played 15 errorless games this season and in 26 games, they have committed one or fewer errors.
Seven of TCU's 33 errors on the season have come from the pitcher's mound. Take the pitchers out of the equation, the Frogs boast a .979 fielding percentage.
LEADER OF THE PACKBoomer White has been TCU's leading hitter from game one this season. After another solid weekend at the plate, White finds himself atop the leader board in the Big 12 with a .379 batting average. White is 53-for-140 this season. His 53 hits are also tops in the Big 12.
White has hit safely in 31 of 35 games this season. Additionally, he has been on base in 34 of 35 games. The only game he did not reach base in was the March 29th contest at Oklahoma State.